What Don't You Like About Your New Supra?

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1

IS2000

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Porsche Cayman, 2003 Mitsubishi EVO8, 2020 GR Supra
Do A90 Supras have rear differential noise like BMW M cars? I noticed that these cars come with a version of M-diff from BMW. My M2 diff clunks and whines quite a bit in stop and go traffic which I find annoying sometimes.

nzer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Toyota 86, 2014 VW Golf R
I donā€™t like how the trunk is open into the cabin. Stuff in the trunk can hit you if you were in an accident.

Anyone found anything aftermarket to close that off even if itā€™s just a fitted cargo net?

larrymz3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I donā€™t like how the trunk is open into the cabin. Stuff in the trunk can hit you if you were in an accident.

Anyone found anything aftermarket to close that off even if itā€™s just a fitted cargo net?
That's an awesome idea. Following!

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
Do A90 Supras have rear differential noise like BMW M cars? I noticed that these cars come with a version of M-diff from BMW. My M2 diff clunks and whines quite a bit in stop and go traffic which I find annoying sometimes.
I occasionally hear that in my M2 Comp (6MT) when doing an awkward downshift in stop-and-go city traffic and auto rev match gets in the way. I didn't notice anything when I drove the Supra. I suspect the automatic transmission molasses would mask any of that even if it were present, and I know for a fact the Supra's driveline isn't wound as tight as a true M-car, so it will have slack more typical of a garden variety BMW.

The Supra has a very different diff (diff diff?) from an M car apparently, though I haven't dug into the technical details. Probably more like the diff you can get as an option on some of BMW's M-sport trim packages, which is an improvement over the standard diff but not quite as fancy as an M car gets.

YungMercureal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Supra - Nitro Yellow
So the things that I would list (all of which have probably been beaten to death already):

No Android Auto, which is more a BMW issue than Toyota, but I like the car more than enough to not really care.
Wind noise, definitely loud, hopefully some aftermarket solutions for that, but 90% of my driving is done windows up
No remote start, this one is probably one of the more frustrating ones. Though I saw a post where this may be related to the car being sold globally and thus stricter EU regulations cause this to be skipped. So I'll just be mad at Europe haha
No way to remember last settings on startup. At the very least it would be nice to have the option to turn off the start/stop function completely

Definitely not perfect by any means, but I am already enjoying the car waaaaay more than I would have a Camaro or Mustang.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
A few annoyances from me:

Not being able to adjust the angle at which the passenger mirror angles to while reversing. It point at the ground and gives 0 rearward visibility. You can adjust it in the mercedes to be best of both worlds.

... Not quite loud enough.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
A few annoyances from me:

Not being able to adjust the angle at which the passenger mirror angles to while reversing. It point at the ground and gives 0 rearward visibility. You can adjust it in the mercedes to be best of both worlds.

... Not quite loud enough.
I think if you press the mirror fold button it will revert the mirror to your saved regular position - I might be wrong about the button but it's somewhere in the service manual.

Sucks for Australians - if I shift from 3rd to 2nd at 72km/h I get a 21 gun salute out of the rear end.

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Agreed on the panel gaps. Mine has similar fit issues, but I attributed that to the clamshell style hood.
Sounds obvious but make sure the hood is closed.

When I picked mine up, the passenger side of the hood wasnā€™t down all the way. The initial pic of the car the sales guy sent me didnā€™t show the gap that was there at pickup. We opened the hood and closed it forcefully and the gap closed up.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I think if you press the mirror fold button it will revert the mirror to your saved regular position - I might be wrong about the button but it's somewhere in the service manual.

Sucks for Australians - if I shift from 3rd to 2nd at 72km/h I get a 21 gun salute out of the rear end.
Yeah, it seems to be either 'normal position' or 'pointed at ground'

The backfires and crackles aren't the problem - they're pretty good! I just think it needs a bit more volume in general :p

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
The carbon fiber centre console is too shiny. I was driving yesterday and turned to an angle that was just right to reflect full sun right into my eyes and blind me for a second.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
lol, i found something i don't like. The horn, its like a little horn from the Steve Urkel car from Family matters. I hate using it. Im going to change it, lol.
Sponsored