Not open for further replies.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
Of all the vehicles out there, what drew you to your ride? Did you instantly know what you wanted or did you shop around first?

We’re curious about your journey. We assume most of you are going to talk about your Supra, but tell us about other ones too if you want.

On a personal note, here’s why I chose my Jeep Renegade — I know, wrong crowd but bare with me. The Corolla I had before was totaled (RIP Alejandro) and I needed a car that was affordable but still an upgrade. I was initially drawn to a Jeep because I had a friend with this sick purple jeep with removable doors. I also enjoyed that Jeeps had little easter eggs hidden around them. Plus, Jeeps aren’t shy with color and I liked that I could have a fun colored car without any extra work or money. Plus jeep owners know how to have fun and have cute traditions like leaving each other ducks.

All that considered, I did look at other options but kept eyeing the sweet Jeep Wrangler on the lot. It was way out of my price range and I was looking for something more compact for day to day stuff. The folks at the dealership showed me to an orange used renegade and it was a pretty good fit for my needs and price range. I named her Velma. I’m pretty happy with her and I like that it syncs with apple play, and is decent on fuel efficiency.

Anyway, tell us about your vehicle and what made you choose it. Was there much of a choice? Sometimes we choose our vehicles and other times they choose us, like when your parents stick you with that old family car but then you go on to have amazing memories with it. Either way, reply with how you chose or ended up with your car.
Sponsored

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
I previously owned a BRZ and was ready for an upgrade. Always loved the Supra as a kid, so the nameplate definitely played to me. Car is a good value at MSRP, but I got mine $9k below MSRP in 2020, so it was a no brainer at that point.

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
I was all about getting a 718 Cayman S or GTS4.0, but ultimately not willing to part with 100k+ for the options I wanted and used prices weren't much better. It's the accountant in me I guess.

Once I finally decided the 718 wasn't it, all it took for the Supra was lurking on this forum a bit and that got myself hyped up to be modding a car again like my old 300zx TT. $60k was an easier sell to the wife too (and who needs to mention the 10's of thousands of mods that will occur over the next few years...)

And I guess why the supra - looks really grew on me and I prefer to have a more unique car, moddability, and then performance reviews made this seem like the clear winner at the price point.

Last edited:

mr_sparkle6666

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
First off, I hope Alejandro was the name of the totaled Corolla and not a friend that didn’t survive the accident.

The Supra is a funny story. Two years ago I decided I wanted a new car and putdown a deposit on a manual gr86. I figured I could almost just buy it outright and even though it wasn’t that fast, I could get a manual and still have a lot of fun with it. I showed it to my wife and she was just meh on it. But she doesn’t really drive stick (she can if she has to but she doesn’t really like it) so I wasn’t too worried if she didn’t really like it. She had her Rubicon (yes, we are a Supra and a Jeep family too!). Would have preferred the Supra, but didn’t even really consider it. Too much. Don’t need it. Blah blah.
So as the months drag on and off only one automatic 86 had come available, on which I passed. All the while my wife is dropping subtle hints that she really isn’t a fan of the 86. So one day we are watching whichever Fast and the Furious movie had the orange Supra in it, and when she it she was like wtf is that!? I told her and what does she say?

I don’t know why you don’t get that instead of that other car..

Because it’s twice as much?

She says, so what? If that’s what you want you should get it.

I immediately emailed my guy at the dealer and changed my deposit to a 3.0 Supra.

the end

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
I wanted something fast, with two doors, that didn't feel huge, that could handle, that didn't cost an arm and a leg, and didn't look like a foot. Icing on the cake if it came in a color other than white, black, red, blue, or gray.

Shockingly my shopping list was an inch long, with the Supra on the top.

Boataur

First Name
RB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91-MT CUL
I’m another one who loved the Cayman but was unwilling to pay the going rate. I always liked the Mk5, but I’m a manual guy so never really considered one. Sure enough, 2023 comes around and here comes the manual.…and the A91 interior color sealed the deal for me. It was an easy decision.

Backtrack

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra & a few Wranglers
Always liked Porsche. But sadly over the years, the prices just kept getting further and further away from what I felt was reasonable.

I actually test drove a very well equipped cayman s but it was used for the price as the Supra we bought. After test driving the Supra at my wife’s suggestion, it just simply felt better.

Plus, we had a 2007 Z4 Coupe a while back and the silhouette is sort of the same, and I absolutely adored that little BMW.

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
I came from a boosted 300whp 86 and I wanted to preserve a similar feeling of smallness,agility and tossability but with more power and a finer interior. For me it was either Supra, Alfa 4C or Cayman S and I chose Supra. However I would put the Emira in my list of 4 if it was available.

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
At the beginning, in 1977, in Cali, there was the 1976 BMW 2002 and the sickness took hold, followed en suite by 1981 Alfa Romeo GTV6+, SaabTurbo, BMW735i, BMW E34, BMW 1988 E39, BMW 01 E39, BMW E90 335i, then a 996 C4S then a 997 C2S convertible. When my mechanic advised me that the engine in the 997 was about to expire, the only thing I could afford with at least most of the handling and power I was accustomed to and the looks to match was the Supra.

Mine is stock, a daily and I feel no need to modify it. Where will I use all of that power outside of the track?
I'm pleased with my choice. I have German engineering and power with Toyota reliability at an affordable price. And yes, I paid 5k over MSRP to get the car off the lost. No regrets so far after 2.7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.