What vavled exhaust to pair with AA catted DP?

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 MK5 Supra 3.0 Renaissance Red
Just got my 2023 premium Friday and I already want this sucker louder! Love the car but it's definitely way too quiet stock.

Pretty sure I am going with a active autowerks catted DP because I hate CEL and probably won't sped to have my ECU unlocked anytime soon (just JB4)

Wondering what catback everyone had paired with the AA catted DP? Should I just stick with AA and get their catback as well, or is there better options out there that retain the stock valves?

Want something that ups the sound in the cabin but isn't obnoxiously loud, and can be toned down in normal mode with the valves closed. from my research just the AA catted DP alone on the stock exhaust may not satisfy me so I figure might as well replace the whole system while I am at it and under the car!

Also, does a catted DP and catback enhance the turbo spooling sound a decent amount or do I need to get an intake as well for that? Don't need crazy turbo noises but would like to hear it whistle when I get on it!

Thanks!
I've been looking as well and have heard a lot of good things about the ARC Performance DT-S Catback. It is valved, has a nice deep loud tone that isn't raspy with no drone.

OP
OP
tucker90

tucker90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium AT Absolute Zero
I've been looking as well and have heard a lot of good things about the ARC Performance DT-S Catback. It is valved, has a nice deep loud tone that isn't raspy with no drone.
Ah! More choices haha.

I will look into it thanks.

The last couple days I have been looking into AWE offerings even though they arenā€™t valved. Both the Track verison and Resonated touring.

I want something loud when I get on it but refined, donā€™t want to sound like a muscle car. AWE seems like they have a great note and I think I could live without the valves

Our cars seem to have some pretty good sound deadening so I want to make sure I really increase the sound in cabin for the best experience.

Last edited:
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 MK5 Supra 3.0 Renaissance Red
Ah! More choices haha.

I will look into it thanks.

The last couple days I have been looking into AWE offerings even though they arenā€™t valved. Both the tracks and resonated touring.

I want something loud when I get on it but refined, donā€™t want to sound like a muscle car. AWE seems like they have a great note and I think I could live without the valves

Our cars seem to have some pretty good sound deadening so I want to make sure I really increase the sound in cabin for the best experience.
Sorry I misspelled, its "ARK Performance DT-S" There are some good sound clips of it on youtube

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
I have an mbrp valved. Just installed an AA last week and I get drone/vibration between 1300-1800 ish rpm. Whatā€™s odd is it only happens during cold start (when rpmā€™s are coming down) And in sport mode when increasing the rpms during a mild acceleration. It has been less frequent/intense the past two days. So I donā€™t know if there is a break-in period for the DP to account for, or itā€™s warmer ambient temperatures. If it persists, Iā€™m going to put a resonator on. Donā€™t really care about loud sound. The exhaust was on the car when I bought it.

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Can you run the catted DP's without a remap?
Yes, not sure about EU cars but USA cars for sure no CEL for the AA catted downpipe.

-Josh

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium