Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
I understand parking in a large city like Chicago, I worked in Manhattan, and trying to park there was horrendous!
So valeting a car is something understandable, considering Chicago’s
Crime rate, do the valet’s pack heat?
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I understand parking in a large city like Chicago, I worked in Manhattan, and trying to park there was horrendous!
So valeting a car is something understandable, considering Chicago’s
Crime rate, do the valet’s pack heat?
Probably. Haha

Musicmovesme

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
Took the supra on a small vacation, got an Airbnb and in 1 of them they only had Free Valet parking. I ask they guy if I could park it my self he said nope.. I even told him i'll give you $25 to park it my self he still said no.. So I said never mind let me go park some where else. The guys (2) where just staring at the car like Ohh yeah ?... The wife told me she saw them looking at each other like excited to drive it... You guys think im just overthinking or took it a little over board by not doing valet?
Have you guys ever had it valet park and left the keys overnight?
Get yourself a JB4 and put it in limp / Valet mode when you need to. I figure its insured they are insured I can track via Toyota or an Apple AirTag on the keychain. Life is short enjoy your kick ass car and keep it moving.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I think a lot of people are overvaluing their cars here. The MKV is an entry level sports car, not a Lamborghini. If valet happens to crash it, you have insurance and so do they.

OP
OP
lando1432

lando1432

First Name
Lando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 VW Cross Sport
Get yourself a JB4 and put it in limp / Valet mode when you need to. I figure its insured they are insured I can track via Toyota or an Apple AirTag on the keychain. Life is short enjoy your kick ass car and keep it moving.
??? i do have JB4.. Didnt know it had a limp/vallet mode.. Gotta check it out.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
lando1432

lando1432

First Name
Lando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 VW Cross Sport
Have you... ever seen a valet lot? The Supra will be the cheap piece of garbage in them. Valet lots are always filled with million dollar super cars, bentleys, porsches, classics, hot rods, etc. You don't pay $100-200 bucks to park a Camry for however long dinner lasts.
This one had a bunch of cheap garbage like you mention.. And the AIRBNB had the free valet so everyone was welcome.. ??‍♂

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Depends on the place. I've let them vallet it at a JW Marriott, but at some air bnb....fuks no. In general I avoid it, but sometimes can't.

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Guns are outlawed in Chicago?!?
Hmmm, so only outlaws have guns ?
Go figure ? I digress, so let’s say your valet created a boo boo on your measly $50k car, your insurance covers it, u bring it to your local body shop they bondo and repaint, car just lost
$$$$ In resale ?

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I think a lot of people are overvaluing their cars here. The MKV is an entry level sports car, not a Lamborghini. If valet happens to crash it, you have insurance and so do they.

Tell that to the Lambo emblem I am going to keep on my bumper. :p

Real talk I dont mind using Valet since it's LA you kinda have to here at a lot of restaurants. Luckily, I have yet to see any sort of unprofessional one. I also have a camera in the car so if they take it for a ride I'll know.

However, the one positive is I've had valet bring me the car back, and you can tell that they enjoy that car

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe
Guns are outlawed in Chicago?!?
Hmmm, so only outlaws have guns ?
Go figure ? I digress, so let’s say your valet created a boo boo on your measly $50k car, your insurance covers it, u bring it to your local body shop they bondo and repaint, car just lost
$$$$ In resale ?
Diminished value claim.
Sponsored