Who gets lip for buying a Supra?

ayeerock

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Civic FK7, Toyota Supra A90
I get alot of shit from my co-workers when I pull up in my Supra or even tell them I own one. Alot of “How can you afford that car” or “I couldn’t justify spending that much on a car”. I’m a young professional with no kids and I deserve to treat myself!
Sponsored

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I don't think I've ever gotten flack for my cars. But I don't hear things often because I'm munching on something and the crackling of chips in my mouth makes everything sound good.
Okay Han ;)

Attachments

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
Only real negative I’ve got in person was some teenager saying he prefers the MK4. I have a guy at work who says it should have been a manual.
What I notice is that most of the hate comes from online warriors and the people who talk about “what sports car someone should have got/ needs a manual/ this other car is better” etc. are normally those who can’t afford it or they’re married and their wives won’t let them own a sports car. I usually just laugh and respond with talk to me when you get rid of that family sedan or crossover you were forced to buy.

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
It's okay.. I was fat as a kid and a girl came up to me while walking to school telling me straight out that I was fat.

I didn't care, I just told her she had a snot on her face which was a large pimple to ensure she was emotionally scarred for life. I'm actually a fit and trimmed guy today and munching on chips and cookies all the time. That's how you win life.
Former fat kid checking in. My ability to absorb any insult and dish out emotional scarring was all mastered during my formative fat years.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I get alot of shit from my co-workers when I pull up in my Supra or even tell them I own one. Alot of “How can you afford that car” or “I couldn’t justify spending that much on a car”. I’m a young professional with no kids and I deserve to treat myself!
I've heard that as well... often coming from people that are driving an $80K+ truck or SUV. :rolleyes:

Only once did I have a kid say "You know that's a BMW right?" - to which I replied "No shit? I thought it was pretty expensive for a Camry. Thanks for the heads-up." That stalled out his cranium for a few seconds... then he just muttered something and walked back to his Civic and left.

Everyone else just comments on what a nice car it is.

AirAlexie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I don’t get lip from me purchasing it, but I have been heard of how the new Z is coming out and they give me that smirk.

I quickly pull out the facts.

supra puts down more power to the wheels. Has a better engine & trans, better chassis, better brakes, better tires and just looks way better over all.

their faces afterwards is always the same

|_|

lol

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Guy at the gym this morning caught me on the way to the car. Told me how great the Supra looked and how Toyota nailed it.

I’m so conditioned by the internet trolls I almost started to say “yea, you know it’s a controversial car but….” but I caught myself. Normal, real people love the Supra and I should be an apologist because of the internet.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Former fat kid checking in. My ability to absorb any insult and dish out emotional scarring was all mastered during my formative fat years.
Yeah, you know what I’m talking about. Back then, fat shaming was okay and encouraged for entertainment. That said, it was motivational to get to where I am today.

ayeerock

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Civic FK7, Toyota Supra A90
I've heard that as well... often coming from people that are driving an $80K+ truck or SUV. :rolleyes:

Only once did I have a kid say "You know that's a BMW right?" - to which I replied "No shit? I thought it was pretty expensive for a Camry. Thanks for the heads-up." That stalled out his cranium for a few seconds... then he just muttered something and walked back to his Civic and left.

Everyone else just comments on what a nice car it is.
Right! These guys are driving 50k+ Trucks and SUV’s and have the nerve to tell me something?

I don’t get lip from me purchasing it, but I have been heard of how the new Z is coming out and they give me that smirk.

supra puts down more power to the wheels. Has a better engine & trans, better chassis, better brakes, better tires and just looks way better over all.

|_|

lol
From my understanding the VR30DDTT hasen’t been that well recived in the Nissan/Infiniti community or by the stealership’s mechanics. ?

kobeecuhz

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I really hate going to the gas station because of how much attention the car draws. Might be cause I live in the ghetto and probably have the only Supra around but I can say no one has said anything bad about it. Most people dont even know what the car is.
What part of California?

Kato

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 GR Supra Phantom
Properly placed sarcasm is a dead-on response! Love it.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
My coworkers are the same way. Myself and one other co-worker don't have kids and we have the most expensive vehicles at our location. Although he has me beat with a ZL1 Camaro with track package and a $80k Ram 3500. He also just bought a Lotus Elise.. I need to up my game.

Overall people love the MKV for what it is. I see more "hate" online than I ever see in person. Most people don't even know what the car is.

WF MKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
06’ tC, Renaissance Red 3.0 Premium Supra

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe

|_|

lol
I’m so sick of all the snide comments and Youtube videos declaring the Supra dead because of the new Z. Yes a car nobody has driven, we don’t know the final price, don’t know the final weight, and don’t even know when dealers will get them has killed off the Supra…. I think so people are going to be very disspaointed when the Z end sub weighing more than the Supra and being slower…. And not much cheaper once you configure a Z with the same/similar options as the Supra.
Sponsored