~7000 miles no rattles... ASD off.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
2020. None. Very quiet unless the road is rough but then it is the road noise and not the car, per se.

Klee101

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
Squeaky noise from LCD area. If I push the bezel, it stops but comes back again.

TurboTime

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5 Supra 3.0 Pro
For a car that claims structural strength greater then the lfa, which it should being built as a convertible then having a roof put on, it sure does twist when cornering or driven over uneven surfaces. Shocking build quality and some very cheap material choices.

The z4 has always been a poor relation to the bmw saloons, so unfortunately even though this is a very expensive Toyota it doesn't have the German saloon quality.

Something that I really find annoying are the internal door handles when closing the doors, shockingly cheap. These are the sort of things that start to ruin the enjoyment for me.

I think after investing money, Toyota just pulled staff saving costs and had little or no input and certainly didn't get involved in QC.

Don't mean to sound so negative, but it's not like you can turn the stereo up as that's an absolute disgrace. That amp and processor should be thrown in the bin (I've done tests off the sub output lines) plus it wouldn't have hurt to put 8" traditional components in and not shallow underfloor units when they had a big void to play with.

Anyway nice looks and engine lol

hotsaucewizard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 1991 325i Turbo, 2019 RC350
I have a fair amount of rattling but I just wrote it off as a result of the PDR I had done combined with a catless downpipe/boostlogic exhaust

I've also done the tadda sub mod and I had hoped the dynamat and the other stuff would help with the rattles more.. just haven't had time to track down exactly where they're coming from and do anything about it

Z4UPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm just curious who has rattles in several areas of the car. My headliner rattles, the door pins, and the seatbelt retractor by my shoulder. I have a rattle as well coming from the hatch. (I've adjusted the bump stops as well) Anybody else?? I'm nervous about taking it to get fixed, and the mechanic makes the problem worse. Ok People comment below what you're experiencing.
I didn’t have any rattles in my 2021 until I got the itch to have more bass and implemented tadda’s oem subwoofer fix.
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/how-to-improve-oe-sub-bass-quality-and-eliminate-vibrations.5092/

Now I have bass, hi-hats, maracas, and tap dancers in my car. it is festive. ?

DejaVu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
'21 here and mine was the worst rattling car I've ever owned. And I've owned two Lotus and an F-type. It was so bad I almost sold the car the first month I had it.

Instead of doing that, I pulled the whole interior from the seats back, plus the center console and sound deadened, then felt and teflon taped anywhere that could possibly rattle.

All that and I still need to deal with the door rattles, but at least the car doesn’t feel like it was put together in a refurbished Yugo factory by a drunk Bender.

Involus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium Turbulence Grey
Coming from a lifted Wrangler on 38x14.5 tires this car is eerily silent to me. ?

Toshi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Nitro Yellow
Squeaky noise from LCD area. If I push the bezel, it stops but comes back again.
I cut some "thickish" rubber O-rings and wedged them under the LCD panel and the dash. Removed all the noise and vibrations and you can't see them.
Sponsored