Why are all the lips the same??

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
What you're going for OP sounds like a lot of work and a full blown custom solution which will ultimately cost a ton of money. Not really sure its worth it for a little detail like a front splitter, but if you go for it, good luck to ya!

Janice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 BRZ
Unlike other cars. Exterior mods for this platform are pretty boring unless you go full replacement bumpers. Most exterior mods are just bland. I miss my AP2 and hawkeye that I can truly change the look.

OP
OP

SInner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 3.0
What you're going for OP sounds like a lot of work and a full blown custom solution which will ultimately cost a ton of money. Not really sure its worth it for a little detail like a front splitter, but if you go for it, good luck to ya!
I agree with you. Iā€™m not looking to do a bumper swap. I just feel like a white plastic lip option to get rid of the weak looking oem one should be an easy and cheap thing. I was surprised that nothing like that has been produced with this car now being out for several years now

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I agree with you. Iā€™m not looking to do a bumper swap. I just feel like a white plastic lip option to get rid of the weak looking oem one should be an easy and cheap thing. I was surprised that nothing like that has been produced with this car now being out for several years now
It's been 4 and 2 years can be basically written off. Not much was developed during covid because of shipping delays and everything.

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Unlike other cars. Exterior mods for this platform are pretty boring unless you go full replacement bumpers. Most exterior mods are just bland. I miss my AP2 and hawkeye that I can truly change the look.
I actually think this needs a little bit of perspective - the thing is the Supra's design is already its strength by default, it has diffuser/splitter, F1 style features on a *stock* car, this mustn't be forgotten, it's not like getting a boring sedan and then making jt exciting with a kit, the Supra is already exciting-looking from factory so it's harder to top that as the bar is set higher.

In that sense, when you want to modify the exterior, it will either be bland/insignificant (because it's already very sporty) or you go very bold and go wiiiide.

So I would say this is a champagne problem really!

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
OP, boring looking cars need a fancy aftermarket lip. The Supra here doesn't and looks good even without one. A lip is just icing on the cake on this car. A big wing on the other hand makes a big difference.

OP
OP

SInner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 3.0
OP, boring looking cars need a fancy aftermarket lip. The Supra here doesn't and looks good even without one. A lip is just icing on the cake on this car. A big wing on the other hand makes a big difference.
I feel like thatā€™s kinda the point. The car doesnā€™t need pointy pointy upswept lips and diffusers. Rather than making them bigger or stacking more on Iā€™m trying to simplify the car

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I feel like thatā€™s kinda the point. The car doesnā€™t need pointy pointy upswept lips and diffusers. Rather than making them bigger or stacking more on Iā€™m trying to simplify the car
Pretty sure @GRMan is saying an aftermarket lip is icing on the cake.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
All lips not the same
Ask an obgyn
I think theyā€™re all the same after you rip them off doing track runoffā€¦ They all seem to scoop šŸ„„ up the same amount of dirt and look just as cool hanging down in the paddock šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø šŸ¤­

OP
OP

SInner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 3.0

tonymimi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 yellow 3.0 AT premium
Agree with OP they all look the same.

Since remove the fin is so hard, how about wrap it or painted so it matched the car paint?

1710291234801-vr.png

Similar to Porsche 992 turbo s, I have never seen anyone doing this but it might looks pretty good. At least I am considering doing it
Sponsored