Status
Not open for further replies.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yup I was hoping the LC was in dealers sometime this year. But it being pushed to next year as a 2018 model means this FT1 production will be out in 2018 as a 2019 production model at the earliest. We might get an updated concept this year to keep the buzz going but the car won't be available for purchase for a while :(
Sponsored

JohnnyTX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GTS (05)
Wonder why so much time needed for the LC production to begin? They just debuted the production version so why would it need another 1-2 years to start production? Frustrating because it affects the Supra MKV timeline.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Wonder why so much time needed for the LC production to begin? They just debuted the production version so why would it need another 1-2 years to start production? Frustrating because it affects the Supra MKV timeline.
Akio said it will be here in Spring of 2017, so that is only a year.

It is to finish testing and most likely get all the kinks out before it reaches the buyer. It doesn't seem to unusual for cars like these. The production NSX debut on 1/15, but won't be in showrooms until Spring of 2016. Same goes for the new Ford GT. It debut the same time as the NSX, but from what I read last it won't be in showrooms until 2017.

__WRC__

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
325i
Was there a second LC concept? Wondering if we'll see a second FT-1 concept at some point, or will the next version we see be the production model.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Was there a second LC concept? Wondering if we'll see a second FT-1 concept at some point, or will the next version we see be the production model.
Yes there was, but the only differences was color change. So if we look at it that way the second FT-1 concept was the graphite one.

Lexus-LF-LC-Concept-004.jpg

Lexus_LF_LC_Blue.jpg

Wally World

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
--
Roughly 9 months apart. The red one debut January 2012 at Detroit. The blue one was unveiled in October 2012 at the Australian Auto Show.
So basically we could have already seen the same 2 concepts for the FT-1 Supra already - the original red one and the gray one. Like I was saying in the other thread this could be a good thing. It could mean that the production Supra will look just like the concept FT-1 like the LC does.

Turbo GFX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV GTI
So basically we could have already seen the same 2 concepts for the FT-1 Supra already - the original red one and the gray one. Like I was saying in the other thread this could be a good thing. It could mean that the production Supra will look just like the concept FT-1 like the LC does.
If Tada San's words remain accurate then we should be seeing another concept debut this year - see http://www.supramkv.com/threads/toyota-confirms-supra-revival-concept-for-2016-reveal.214/

Da Hmong

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Impreza

S O B

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's GOTTA be NY at this point I think. Next to Detroit it would be the biggest auto show stage they can drop it. I'm going to need to take a trip there if it does show up in March.
Doesn't have to be a US autoshow. There's also Geneva, Frankfurt, Paris, which are all big shows.

Da Hmong

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Impreza
Doesn't have to be a US autoshow. There's also Geneva, Frankfurt, Paris, which are all big shows.
True. Wishful thinking on my part. The FT-1 did first debut in Detroit so we'll see.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
I think we can take Geneva off the list. That is where the Lexus LC500h will debut. I would think Toyota would want all eyes on that car. A new/updated concept or prototype would definitely steal the spotlight from Lexus' new flagship.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Status
Not open for further replies.