Wind Noise & Buffeting Fixes

Nexus90

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra A91 Edition, 19 Camry, 04 Sequoia
So the door edge guards really work? Interesting, i think i may take this approach, did anyone actually apply it to the door edge or just throw out the spare two?

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
So the door edge guards really work? Interesting, i think i may take this approach, did anyone actually apply it to the door edge or just throw out the spare two?
They work very well and the gloss black color matches perfectly. It's a nice, sleek look. They actually look OEM in my opinion. Not sure why more people don't at least give it a try before spending so much more on some of these other, often ugly, options. At $8, just throw them away if you aren't happy with it. Spend the money you save elsewhere. Like wheel spacers, ZL wheel well flaps, Weather Tech matts/decals, CF interior pieces, A91 stripes, etc.

I just threw away the two extras that had the company logo printed on them.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
until a certain MPH from what people said. So they don't work 100% like ours do.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
until a certain MPH from what people said. So they don't work 100% like ours do.
I tested mine up to around 70-75mph with no issues. No need to try any faster. In fact, once I get to 55 or 60 I put the windows up anyway. Just too loud and not enjoyable at higher speeds.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
I tested mine up to around 70-75mph with no issues. No need to try any faster. In fact, once I get to 55 or 60 I put the windows up anyway. Just too loud and not enjoyable at higher speeds.
only mentioned it because several people who installed the ebay/amazon ones said it themselves publicly that the noise comes back over a certain speed. it was either this thread or one of the others. I cant remember where.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
They work very well and the gloss black color matches perfectly. It's a nice, sleek look. They actually look OEM in my opinion. Not sure why more people don't at least give it a try before spending so much more on some of these other, often ugly, options. At $8, just throw them away if you aren't happy with it. Spend the money you save elsewhere. Like wheel spacers, ZL wheel well flaps, Weather Tech matts/decals, CF interior pieces, A91 stripes, etc.

I just threw away the two extras that had the company logo printed on them.
I might pull the trigger today on this. What did you use to trim the pieces? I see on the store page that it comes with 3M tape. Is that true? I think I read earlier in this thread that it wasn't 3M tape.

I'm glad I stumbled on this. I was about to plop down $130+ on another solution.

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
Scissors will do. They have 3m tape on the back, so make sure the spots you're going to apply them to are cleaned with alcohol, and a little heat applied won't hurt either. Super easy.
Sponsored