Wish List for the new Supra / Must Have Futures and Options!

Would you like to see TRD parts for the Supra?

• Yes

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What I would like:
Manual, twin turbo 6cyl, RWD, 2+2.

What it will end up being:
DCT auto, V6 HYBRID, AWD, 2 seater.

Disclaimer:
Ex R35 GT-R owner, don't want DCT ever again, clunky/boring rubbish. I'd rather have a 1sec, to 100km/h, slower car yet change my own gears.
Sponsored

adprokid

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
--
What I would like to see:
2 seats
RWD Manual with optional DCT to help sales.
V8 Turbo , "Im Just dreaming here"
Less than 3100 lbs, "maybe its possible"
Less than 70k price tag. "possible"

Finally a Toyota/Yamaha engine will be perfect for the Supra name.

Last edited:

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
70K, 3200-3300 LBS, TT V6, Manual/DCT, RWD, 2+2, would be the sweet spot and satisfy both enthusiasts and "mainstream" IMO.

Rod.S

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FJ
Top 1 thing Toyota Supra must have: TOYOTA engine! Don't like the talk in this list about a BMW parts bin engine. Inline or V6 I don't care, but it absolutely gotta be a Toyota engine. Twin turbo would be a bonus, for tune-ability sake.

tcl

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Toyota Camry XSE V6
I'd like to see them come out with two models at different price points like they did with previous generations that offered turbo and non-turbo engine options. $75,000 would be a lot more than I'd be willing to pay. A lower end model would put it in range of a lot more potential buyers.

OP
OP
Loyo911

Loyo911

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X5
I don't agree with #8. I'd bet that it comes with a manual transmission. Manual take rate on the FR-S shows that there's plenty of Toyota sports car enthusiasts who would choose manual and there should be a business case for it.

sunFire

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3 cabrio
Cool rendering used for that video but the front end reminds me of a Korean car. The front intake area looks like an upside down Genesis Coupe... actually the whole car reminds me of it., except the roofline.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I think the GT6's specs sound good. 2,910 pounds and 485 horsepower would put a smile on my face :D

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
Two engine option: GS400H powertrain or I-6 TT, (Engine: maybe BMW designed but it a must to be build by Toyota. This is why FRS is not selling because it's not 100% Toyota build), 6 speed manual transmission with shift light, auto dimming rear view, driver and passenger side mirror, heated driver and passenger side mirror, removable sport roof, 2+2 seat, speed activated rear spoiler, good audio subwoofer, traction control system, two cup holder in the front (one real at least like SC), TEMS, Power-Standard or Snow engine mode, ventilated front seats, power tilt/ telescoping steering column, surround view camera or at least backup camera, blind spot warning, Disable mode switch if you install paddle shifter, Pre-SAFE brake, SUPRA with TRD badge
lol i know this is an old post but come on....where does you get the idea that the 86 twins aren't selling? If they really weren't selling they wouldn't have made the 2017 updates, have more special editions, etc.. Compare Miata & 370z sales to the 86 twins and you'll see the hilarity.

at this point I want a roughly 3000 lbs coupe (still prefer 2+2) with at least a TT V6..hybrid could be cool but until someone does it very well for a non 6 figure car I'll hold my breath.

SupraGuy19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CRV Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Is it likely for Toyota to offer TRD parts for the new Supra? I would definitely like to see things such as TRD exhaust, intake, springs, shocks, strut bar, swaybar, wheels, front lip, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.