Wouldnt Rev after starting

Toast

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, GR86
I'm putting my '21 into winter hibernation this week (I've been driving lately in temps down to 25F), and in 2200 miles and a couple months I only ever had the one instance of this happen. I even tried cold start revs a few times in that time period and nothing ever happened again. Hopefully that's the last I'll experience the problem.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
So i can confirm that either our cars do not have this so called Cold Start protection OR if we do that its completely temperature specific. I went out this morning to my car, its a chilly 57 degrees (i hate anything under 80 degrees) its been sitting since Sunday, started her up and immediately revved her to 4k without a hitch.

Car made no complaints and i drove her once around the block just to make sure. Worked just fine. For anyone who claims this car has this BMW cold start protection but is having this issue in 40 degree + weather, i'd bring her in to get it looked at. If we do have this feature, i'm pretty sure its meant for freezing temps and below as that would make sense. My M2 Competition didnt have this feature that i knew of either and that is 100% a through and through BMW.

A90 Zero

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 BRZ, 2020 Supra
This thread deals with under-revving.
Has anybody experienced over-revving?
I posted the following in a braking thread but maybe it belongs here.
I wonder if both issues could be related in some way - rpm sensor, ecm, etc.

I ran some errands today, parked the car and was inside a store for about 10 minutes.
I came outside, started the car and left my foot on the brake while I shifted into reverse.
Before I shifted, the engine speed was 1,000 rpm.
When I shifted, the engine speed jumped to 4,000 rpm and stayed there. I shifted into park and shut the engine off.
I immediately restarted the engine and everything was normal. The whole time I had my foot on the brake and never touched the accelator pedal. My floor mat was secure and did not touch the pedal.
My vehicle did not move since I had my foot on the brake the whole time, but the experience was very disconcerting.

Ziggy

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
So just started my car to show off to my brother the exhaust sound but while in park it wouldnt rev. I tried sport and nothing. My car is completely stock. After puting the car in drive it took a few seconds before it actually Accelerated. It had no power. Anyone ever experience this before?

Note: ive dont this before to show off the exhaust and this never happened.
I’ve had exactly the same problem!

DB42R

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT Supra
@willyswillys and @Foxhound, post up your SW level if you can?

I’ve never had this issue and seems only to be a thing lately and I’d be curious if we could pin it down to a point in time?

FWIW, I am S18T-19-07-555 and have never noticed this issue in 16,000 miles

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1638904
yeah I agree this seems to be growing. Should start to get a list of model year and software version (follow above guide - only takes 2 mins) for all these reports.

From the OP’s video it didn’t seem like he did anything out of the ordinary to make it happen, and I’ve still never had it happen.

The cars been out for a good while now, seems weird to just be happening/noticed only now?

pr0jekt_cha0s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Ok, wanted to report back. Since I brought the Supra home from the dealer the day before Thanksgiving, Nov. 25th, I have not had this issue. While they said they didn't do anything everything was reset in the car. So that must have tried a reset of some type. I still record the starting of the car every time I drive it. I know the time I don't record it will start happening. I hate that I'm waiting for it to do this.

alexsvoss

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
i can confirm it happen to me once it was over-revving and it stayed at 4500rpm until I shut it down

David232

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra
I’ve had my supra for about two days about 30 miles on the car total started up in my garage garage door open of course went to Rev it up nothing just flat almost like someone’s plugged up the exhaust suggestions

Foxhound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
I’ve had my supra for about two days about 30 miles on the car total started up in my garage garage door open of course went to Rev it up nothing just flat almost like someone’s plugged up the exhaust suggestions
That’s a great way to describe how it feels!

It happened again today for me, was parked for a few minutes after a nice 30 mile run, engine was nice and warm. Went to pull out, and basically no power, felt like someone stuck potatoes in my exhaust. Power kicked in after 4 seconds and it the car ran normally afterwards. Has happened about a dozen times so far.

I honestly hope a recall on the Supra is on the way...completely unacceptable from Toyota.

Once I get a chance I’ll upload my ECU specs.
Sponsored