XHP Reviews and Feedback!

Nonschlont

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium & Evo X
which obd dongle are u guys using to flash?
Sponsored

Supra_Cop

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I just ordered the Thor dongle. I tried reaching out to see if anybody locally had one of the dongles that work with it but had no luck. This’ll be the third dongle I own now (one for ecutek and one for BimmerCode)

Content Cars

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I wonder if the Kies Motorsports WiFi ENET adapter will work? I imagine it should, it's what I use for MHD and Bimmercode now.

Majed

First Name
Majed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020 GR Premium
I wonder if the Kies Motorsports WiFi ENET adapter will work? I imagine it should, it's what I use for MHD and Bimmercode now.
Unfortunately, Kies Motorsports WiFi ENET adapter will not work as I have tested it already and the XHP app is required to have MHD (Orange) adapter or THOR adaptor.

SleakMK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Unfortunately, Kies Motorsports WiFi ENET adapter will not work as I have tested it already and the XHP app is required to have MHD (Orange) adapter or THOR adaptor.
Are you 100% sure on the MHD Orange being required? I have a black on the way, sucks if you are right.

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Thanks for links and clarification. Looks like my wait will continue...
Search for "MHD wifi orange" Looks like a few places have them, the THOR adapter seems out of stock in a few places but amazon has them if you search "THOR wifi"

Nkba90

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Right off the back everything is much smoother. The shifting on both sport and comfort are smooth. The downshifts sound great in M mode with the blips. Comfort mode is much better without the car racing to 8th gear. Idk why everyone is scared and worried. If you leave it in the regular OTS maps, you will be 100% fine. XHP has always been a top mod in the gen 1 b58 platform for years which is the same trans. Leave the OTS maps as they are and do whatever updates they have and it is perfectly fine. Don't forget to drive easy the first 50-100 miles

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
platform for years which is the same trans
I assume you're making a joke? 8HP51's only applications are the Supra, G20, G29, and Jag XE.

No one is scared or worried. Read through the thread a little bit and see what we're saying. OTS maps going to improve your 1/4, especially the safe ones.. To a lot of folks, "then what's the point." The more aggressive and custom tuned options for this specific trans in this specific application are still unproven. None of the fast guys have had enough time to really tune, really push, and really find out what the limits are and where the limits are.

The clutch pack seals are without question, a weak point. We have a calculated, but not proven understanding of how the OTS maps are going to perform on built trans', either. There's a ton of variables. Yes xHP is proven for a bunch of applications, but this -is- software, written by humans, or a relatively new trans (3rd Gen ZF85x).

To some, the worst case is pretty bad, and the best case isn't that great.

SleakMK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Right off the back everything is much smoother. The shifting on both sport and comfort are smooth. The downshifts sound great in M mode with the blips. Comfort mode is much better without the car racing to 8th gear. Idk why everyone is scared and worried. If you leave it in the regular OTS maps, you will be 100% fine. XHP has always been a top mod in the gen 1 b58 platform for years which is the same trans. Leave the OTS maps as they are and do whatever updates they have and it is perfectly fine. Don't forget to drive easy the first 50-100 miles
The tune would be worth it to me if it did nothing other than what you describe. The fast shifting in comfort mode drives me crazy. Not looking for crazy performance gains, but would love to smooth out the driving experience.

Reactions: zrk

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
I assume you're making a joke? 8HP51's only applications are the Supra, G20, G29, and Jag XE.

No one is scared or worried. Read through the thread a little bit and see what we're saying. OTS maps going to improve your 1/4, especially the safe ones.. To a lot of folks, "then what's the point." The more aggressive and custom tuned options for this specific trans in this specific application are still unproven. None of the fast guys have had enough time to really tune, really push, and really find out what the limits are and where the limits are.

The clutch pack seals are without question, a weak point. We have a calculated, but not proven understanding of how the OTS maps are going to perform on built trans', either. There's a ton of variables. Yes xHP is proven for a bunch of applications, but this -is- software, written by humans, or a relatively new trans (3rd Gen ZF85x).

I assume hes referring to the 8HP50, which in fairness is very similar to the 51 that the supra has.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I assume hes referring to the 8HP50, which in fairness is very similar to the 51 that the supra has.
It is very similar, but it is not the same, doesn't have the same TCU, and has variances in the valve body, and (not as importantly) different gear ratios.

Nkba90

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra

Not everyone is getting this to improve their 1/4 time by tenths of a second. Yes that is a factor that can be beneficial, but the overall drivability is so much better and that makes it worth it alone. With the ability to customize certain setting if you know what your doing. None of the fast guys have it yet, but they are working on something. Visconti is definitely working on something. Obviously, for anyone looking to make high power and best possible performance, a pure trans would be better route since our trans mechanically can't support high tq. But for $400 bucks, the software is worth it. Just like it has been for every other platform they had supported. It's not that deep bro lol

Nkba90

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
The tune would be worth it to me if it did nothing other than what you describe. The fast shifting in comfort mode drives me crazy. Not looking for crazy performance gains, but would love to smooth out the driving experience.
If you go on their app or site it shows you exactly what each stage does up to stage 3. Then in the custom settings thats where you can adjust things to what you want if you know what your doing. Thats where it can get dangerous if you dont know what your doing which I dont lol Which is why the OTS is more than fine with me because it is so much better.
Sponsored