XHP Reviews and Feedback!

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Went straight to "Stage 3". Flashed just fine and the difference is quite noticeable. I have some issues with downshifts and rev matching that needs to be tweaked especially for the 3 -> 2 shift it over revs the shift and is very jerky. As said above those tweaks are locked and will be unlocked in a few days.

In sport mode the shifts are aggressive with this map, but it really does make the transmission even faster then it was. You do give up smoothness but its not my daily and I dont really care about that.

I have a track day coming up in a few weeks and am hoping it will be far more reactive then the stock tcu tune. I had several times prior where the trans just did not do as I wanted and after a quick test drive I think it will be much improved.
Sponsored

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
rev matching that needs to be tweaked especially for the 3 -> 2 shift it over revs the shift and is very jerky
Have this exact issue, why I wanted to play with the rev match settings. I also really desire to just stop using first gear ever.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Botti and Payn disagree with you, but I'm sure you know best. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 15.48.16.png
I mean xHP has been doing this for awhile and “may” isn’t a confirmation. My trans will need to be rebuilt regardless though so even if it does I’m not that concerned.

That being said pure has a really good write up about this: https://www.puredrivetrainsolutions...m-tuning-frequently-asked-questions-about-xhp

But both sell parts/software related to this conversation. xHP says it’s safe, pure says extra wear/seal failure. I’ll bet it’s somewhere in between. Which is fairly normal for pushing parts harder then originally intended.

Edit: also from what I understand LPB is not on all the time, only when required by default in 6th. At least if that is consistent from the gen 1 b58. Unless you enable the feature.

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I mean xHP has been doing this for awhile and “may” isn’t a confirmation. My trans will need to be rebuilt regardless though so even if it does I’m not that concerned.

That being said pure has a really good write up about this: https://www.puredrivetrainsolutions...m-tuning-frequently-asked-questions-about-xhp

But both sell parts/software related to this conversation. xHP says it’s safe, pure says extra wear/seal failure. I’ll bet it’s somewhere in between. Which is fairly normal for pushing parts harder then originally intended.

Edit: also from what I understand LPB is not on all the time, only when required by default in 6th. At least if that is consistent from the gen 1 b58. Unless you enable the feature.
There's a big difference in cost of rebuilding a good trans and a burnt trans, though. 5k was enough, don't need it to be $10k. Chris charges anywhere from 2-8k more depending on the damage.

cntrvslbrs

First Name
Ev
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vangloriousmusic.com
Car(s)
21' Supra 3.0, 23' Z Perf, 14' Toyota 86
In for results...Mainly interested to see if the slippage disappears(what stage & parameters are used) when on a E50 tune (500hp/600tq)

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
There's a big difference in cost of rebuilding a good trans and a burnt trans, though. 5k was enough, don't need it to be $10k. Chris charges anywhere from 2-8k more depending on the damage.
Yeah thats a fair point. Ill probably reach out to xHP and ask for clarification on LPB vs Shift Pressure. Shift pressure is rescaled in stage 2 and 3, but there isnt any mention of LPB.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I know it’s new and scary to us, but the bimmer boys have been using this for years.
It's not scary- it's just untested on this particular application for long durations at "high" tq. I'll wait until some of the fast boys report back.

Supra_Cop

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
It's not scary- it's just untested on this particular application for long durations at "high" tq. I'll wait until some of the fast boys report back.
That’s a pretty fair take on it.