2 offers in less than a week and tons of un-wanted attention

Obermer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra LE
I had a F30 335i before this that i thought was super mean, that was truly a dick magnet, this things a chick magnet... posted on my snap story with the car the day I got it and multiple girls slid up on it lmfaooo, may be that i just turned 18 and no one else my age has anything that looks as "exotic" as this, never get any compliments in public though.
Sponsored

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I really don't pay much attention these days nor care one way or another...I've owned many sports cars over the years and most drew the same type of attention...I buy them because I enjoy driving them and not to seek attention although that seems to be an unexpected side effect of owning a sports car...Guess I'm kinda used to it by now....

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
MKIV owners to MKV owners:

1637072109477.png

You have no idea.... :rofl:

Driving a MKIV in public has been miserable for decades and recently has gotten unbearable. My wife used to daily one a few years back (before things got insane) and had a new story to tell weekly.

Thankfully no one around here seems to give two fux about the MKV.

SupraDC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
If I told you the things that I've seen.
Teslas that want to drag race. People asking me to rev the engine at lights. People taking selfies as I'm stopped at a crosswalk. My neighbor came over and asked for a ride. My nephews think that I am literally, the coolest uncle that ever lived. Strangers gawk. The White House guards gave me a thumbs up.

No kidding, I am getting a dash camera so I have proof of all this crazy sh!t.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yours was the downshift blue right? Are you the current owner or the guy who originally had it? That car is beautiful!
Im the current owner. Sidney is the one who built it. As we walked out he said thank you to the lady then said wait, its his car now lol. All ive done is add the wheel stickers and some carbon inside. going to get the calipers neon yellow to match the spoke stickers and thats pretty much it.

1637079470007.png

NoCrust

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 30T, 2017 Acura MDX
When I first bought the car people were getting out of their cars in traffic to take pictures. Even at the Toyota dealership after tinting I had the entire dealership staff come out and admire the car. I park it as far in the back of parking lots and always without fail people are walking around it, taking pictures of it/with it, and putting their dirty d*ck beaters all over it. However the most unwanted attention is when I’m driving on the highway and notice a car driving erratically behind me just to pull up alongside me and give me an enthusiastic thumbs up and try to race me. I do like the is that a supppppra makes me laugh every time espically when it’s younger kids reminds me of when I was a kid and seeing cars I liked. So basically I guess we have to take the hood with the bad attention.

VelgenWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Audi RS6 2021 Dodge Ram TRX
Im the current owner. Sidney is the one who built it. As we walked out he said thank you to the lady then said wait, its his car now lol. All ive done is add the wheel stickers and some carbon inside. going to get the calipers neon yellow to match the spoke stickers and thats pretty much it.

1637079470007.png
Dam the yellow calipers would complete the look! No wonder you get attention in public haha.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

1637079470007.png
If it were my car, and it's not, I'd do the calipers either black, or try to match that blue as best as I could. The little yellow from the logo on the wheel would set that off nicely.

But! It's your car. do your thing. :)

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
I got a whole lot of attention during the first month or so of owning the car. It was also a weird feeling for me since I've always driven regular old daily beaters. People flashing their highbeams, thumbs up, conversations at stoplights, etc. Maybe I've gotten used to tuning it out but I feel like after the first month it kinda went away.

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe
I've had mine since early April, only have 800 miles on it - the amount of attention the car gets is funny - its a total sausage magnet.
All cars are sausage magnets. Women don't care about sports or exotic cars.

Men
Children
Elderly Women

That's who looks at them.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
All cars are sausage magnets. Women don't care about sports or exotic cars.

Men
Children
Elderly Women

That's who looks at them.
Don't know about this..
My wife is pretty big into cars..
I wouldn't call her elderly (just yet)..

But yes most women just don't care about cars..it's pretty unfortunate..

Steve

Last edited:

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Don't know about this..
My wife is pretty big into cars..
I would call her elderly (just yet)..

But yes most women just don't care about cars..it's pretty unfortunate..

Steve
It's true though. There is a small niche of women that are actually into cars. But generally speaking, if you're buying a car to attract women, sports/supercars are useless. You're far better off buying a motorcycle or a puppy if that's the goal.

Take notice from now on...the people staring, taking video/pics, or coming up to you to ask about your car...always men or kids. Sometimes elderly women.

Doug Demuro even did a video about this with a red 360 Modena. Women don't even look up when they walk by it.

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

1637079470007.png
That's sharp.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I usually stop at the same gas station by my house to fill up. I'd say about 50% of the time someone will come over and talk to me about the car. Sometimes guys in their 20s with other fun cars there. Sometimes old guys with white socks and jean shorts with their Vettes at home. I've had a slew of about 50yo women come over and tell me how nice the car looks. My car is 100% stock in the looks department. I've been late for things and stayed at pumps too long, but I always take the time to talk to these people. I think it's neat to see the different stuff that people are into and what they like about the car. Almost everyone asks how fast I've had it up to. ?