2 Piece Brake Rotor opinions!!!

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra, 2017 BMW X5
As I worked closely with Jeremy on the Signature Kit development for the Supra. Are the rotors from China? Probably, is it an issue? More time to tell, mines mostly street driven but Mike from Boss Boss Racing has the kit as well and has tracked many times and it's performed wonderfully.

Refurb or even brand new CTSV-V/ZL1 Calipers are dirt cheap. im talking they sell here in Canada for $450 CAD on amazon for 1 front caliper... Combine that with cost of CNC'ing the calipers, brackets, lines, pads, rotors the kits aren't far off from a "cost to manufacture/piece together" then to sell as a kit.

_DSC6192.jpg

OP
OP
Vuns'sA91CF

Vuns'sA91CF

First Name
Vunna Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra CF
My opinion is that you shouldn't be three (3) exclamation points in the title
True lol. I do want a 2 piece brake disc for our Supra, but by the way. There was a guy that also own a Supra in the twin city and he told me that our oem disc brake were 2 piece.? Is that true.?

OP
OP
Vuns'sA91CF

Vuns'sA91CF

First Name
Vunna Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra CF
As I worked closely with Jeremy on the Signature Kit development for the Supra. Are the rotors from China? Probably, is it an issue? More time to tell, mines mostly street driven but Mike from Boss Boss Racing has the kit as well and has tracked many times and it's performed wonderfully.

Refurb or even brand new CTSV-V/ZL1 Calipers are dirt cheap. im talking they sell here in Canada for $450 CAD on amazon for 1 front caliper... Combine that with cost of CNC'ing the calipers, brackets, lines, pads, rotors the kits aren't far off from a "cost to manufacture/piece together" then to sell as a kit.

_DSC6192.jpg
Damn that looks 👍 🔥

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
I'm interested as well. I just ordered a set of Paragon rotors last week, but I haven't received them yet. I'll be putting them through their paces with several HPDEs this year. My stock rotors warped.
they didn’t warp

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
True lol. I do want a 2 piece brake disc for our Supra, but by the way. There was a guy that also own a Supra in the twin city and he told me that our oem disc brake were 2 piece.? Is that true.?
Technically they are 2 piece up front but I wouldnt refer to them as a true 2 piece rotor since you cant replace the rings.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yes, they are. Take a look.

Joebednar4

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Interesting, I havent heard those. Everything on mine seemed solid. Ive done real brembo BBKs before, and the calipers looked real to me. I know 2 e90 guys who have the kit that track with them, and no complaints from either of them.
Any brake bias change when swapping to the ZL1 calipers? That you can feel, anyways?

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Any brake bias change when swapping to the ZL1 calipers? That you can feel, anyways?
Allegedly 3-4% push rearward in bias, which will be appreciated when trail braking. I havent been able to track it with them yet, but once I do, ill post some info.
Sponsored