2020 Supra (A90) Reviews Compilation!

spamthechan

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius V, Porsche Boxster
& here’s Z4 vs Supra comparison vid. I know, I know. “We don’t know Japanese.” So I did quick translation for you guys, pointing out the difference & common on Z4 & Supra.
Thank you for this translation! Do you mind doing a translation for the Supra vs M2 vs Cayman vid you posted earlier?
Sponsored

ichitaka05

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ
Thank you for this translation! Do you mind doing a translation for the Supra vs M2 vs Cayman vid you posted earlier?
tbh that one wasn't really good review nor comparison vid. I even show that to Tada-san and even he said "GTS isn't a fair comparison. Compare with S." I just lol'ed at his reply. lol

Whole vid in the nutshell, Cayman GTS is the best out of 3 and M2 Comp is crap. GTS did everything better than other 2 (of course, it cost almost x2 of Supra). M2C has more power, but suspension isn't great. At the smooth track, it'll perform great. On rough surface street, doesn't plant the tires and loose traction. He went on and on didn't say much good thing bout M2C.

madweazl

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'15 Mustang GT & '13 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Vehicle Showcase
meh..

...and pure drivers car about the feel and not all about the numbers....yet no manual, still a very bad joke
If the transmission choice was all about the numbers, no performance car would have a manual. I haven't viewed or a read a single review that was disappointed in the performance of the car.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
If the transmission choice was all about the numbers, no performance car would have a manual. I haven't viewed or a read a single review that was disappointed in the performance of the car.
huh? I'm not complaining about the level of performance but come on nearly all the reviews I've read complained that there wasn't an option. Hell, I would take 100 less HP and have a stick for this Supra. And yes, automatic trans is for paper specs or at least for cars with a bunch of power to handle (GTR, NSX, etc)... Toyota is marketing the Supra very similarly to the GT86, driving feel, not about numbers, etc....their words..

bryster please go learn how to drive a car outside of gran turismo first before liking posts about automatic transmissions....

madweazl

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
huh? I'm not complaining about the level of performance but come on nearly all the reviews I've read complained that there wasn't an option. Hell, I would take 100 less HP and have a stick for this Supra. And yes, automatic trans is for paper specs or at least for cars with a bunch of power to handle (GTR, NSX, etc)... Toyota is marketing the Supra very similarly to the GT86, driving feel, not about numbers, etc....their words..

bryster please go learn how to drive a car outside of gran turismo first before liking posts about automatic transmissions....
It's not just the ability to hold more power, it's more consistent and much quicker than a human. I'd like to see a manual as well but in the performance segment, they're becoming more and more rare because of the sacrifice to performance.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
meh..

they act like they had to pull teeth to work with bmw for a "sports car" but come on, logically why the hell would they want to partner together...to make a crossover?...origin story for this supra is overdramatic & a stupid political dance compared to 86...

when they say the only recent sports car bmw made was M1, do they mean 1M..?....either way doesnt help bmw's case, 1 series went 0-60 as slow as 10 secs lol...

tada-san wanted people to hear exhaust....result = fake augmented in car engine sounds, love the way Carlos Lago cringed when he heard Tada-san mention this

how is the interior geared towards driver and not the passenger...?...that is stretching the "cockpit" style especially after MKIV's interior..hell, toyota put that stupid swoop on the driver's side! yes very driver centric..

ugh vents...i don't mind the fake vents but now im irked about how "easy" people are making it appear to make the vents functional...the one next the headlights is small, who cares if you can open it up and so is the one on the hood...the door vent is totally fake even though some people are pointing to it like people are actually going to drill into the door sill to open a hole to the rear wheels...and the one next the taillights is pointless too..

...and pure drivers car about the feel and not all about the numbers....yet no manual, still a very bad joke
They mean exactly as the said, M1. The M1 mid-engined supercar from the 70's. It is technically the only M car with a bespoke chassis.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
tbh that one wasn't really good review nor comparison vid. I even show that to Tada-san and even he said "GTS isn't a fair comparison. Compare with S." I just lol'ed at his reply. lol

Whole vid in the nutshell, Cayman GTS is the best out of 3 and M2 Comp is crap. GTS did everything better than other 2 (of course, it cost almost x2 of Supra). M2C has more power, but suspension isn't great. At the smooth track, it'll perform great. On rough surface street, doesn't plant the tires and loose traction. He went on and on didn't say much good thing bout M2C.
Don't you think it's kind of sad that he says don't compare with the GTS? That engine in the Supra is vastly underrated and has one hell of a chassis. Why shouldn't it beat the Porsche? GR Supra should be able to wipe the Cayman S and be toe-to-toe with the GTS and the GT4. The GRMN wiping the GT4 clean.

spamthechan

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius V, Porsche Boxster
Don't you think it's kind of sad that he says don't compare with the GTS? That engine in the Supra is vastly underrated and has one hell of a chassis. Why shouldn't it beat the Porsche? GR Supra should be able to wipe the Cayman S and be toe-to-toe with the GTS and the GT4. The GRMN wiping the GT4 clean.
The GTS is a $90k car easily, the S is a $70-80k car. I think it's still a win if the GR beats an S.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
It's not just the ability to hold more power, it's more consistent and much quicker than a human. I'd like to see a manual as well but in the performance segment, they're becoming more and more rare because of the sacrifice to performance.
...you're taking my points very oddly...no, it has nothing to do holding power, that wasn't my argument...the problem here is exactly what you are pointing out! "more consistent and much quicker" than a human! we're driving on the streets, so a faster 0-60 time or getting beat by a Mustang isn't going to hurt my manhood so the automatic trans has no benefit for me. You're proving my point exactly, they are worried about paper specs even though they are emphasizing it isn't about the numbers and that this is the most driver-centric Supra ever. This isn't the fastest/strongest car in the segment so the reasons are all just silly AF..

They mean exactly as the said, M1. The M1 mid-engined supercar from the 70's. It is technically the only M car with a bespoke chassis.
heh I know what the M1 is, it is just funny they called it a sports car and said it was "recent" lol..sigh what a collaboration

ichitaka05

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ
Not really sad. He’s looking at price & all the features comes in GTS. I think, S is more better comparison for Supra.

I’m pretty sure Toyota will make GTS & GT4 killer down the road.

madweazl

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
...you're taking my points very oddly...no, it has nothing to do holding power, that wasn't my argument...the problem here is exactly what you are pointing out! "more consistent and much quicker" than a human! we're driving on the streets, so a faster 0-60 time or getting beat by a Mustang isn't going to hurt my manhood so the automatic trans has no benefit for me. You're proving my point exactly, they are worried about paper specs even though they are emphasizing it isn't about the numbers and that this is the most driver-centric Supra ever. This isn't the fastest/strongest car in the segment so the reasons are all just silly AF..
I'm not attacking your preference or opinion (nor am I trying to argue with you), just stating why it's in there (certainly wasn't cost and there's obviously a manual that fits). Toyota wanted to take out the Cayman, so it was very much a numbers game. Additionally, the vast majority of the population isn't capable of driving a manual, putting performance in "everyones" hand was a smarter choice for Toyota.

I also wonder if the manual available in the Z4 isn't capable of holding the power Toyota expects the engine to make in future iterations?

elpadrino

First Name
eL
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350F, bmw E92, ducati monster