2020 Supra (A90) Reviews Compilation!

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
i've watched a lot of reviews now - all/most of the US ones

what are the best ones to watch now, that actually give good/new insights and not just shit we've already heard before?
Sponsored

Viselord

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
i've watched a lot of reviews now - all/most of the US ones

what are the best ones to watch now, that actually give good/new insights and not just shit we've already heard before?
I usually like watching videos from savagegeese, engineering explained and smoking tire. They try to be objective in their videos and so its refreshing to watch and hear their thoughts. I also found the video from Everyday Driver interesting since one of the reviewers actually owns a 6 cyln. Cayman GTS.

Pheonix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 6MT (track car), 2011 BMW 128i 6MT (daily), patiently waiting for 2020 Supra 6MT

Savagegeese's initial impressions. One of my favorite reviewers who isn't afraid to criticize a car unlike others who mostly caters to kids (Doug Demuro). Can't wait for his final review but he thinks so far it's great.

spamthechan

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius V, Porsche Boxster
I love Chris Harris but it's a shame he only spent 2 paragraphs on how great the car actually is and the rest of his 1500 words on how he couldn't get over the idea of it being a BMW.

Would have loved to see an actual Chris Harris review on the car and not a review on his preconceptions.

Last edited:

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 RX7; 2011 Toyota RAV 4
And also ask yourself if you really care? It's a bit of a tragedy if you can't get past that sentimental drivel about heritage and halo, to be able to see the car more objectively. He is asking journalists to view the car objectively, while ignoring the fact this his own perceptions are as biased as I've seen in any journalist reviewing this car. His negativity jumps of the page in nearly every sentence.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Yeah I am disappointed with Chris review. We all know the bmw partnership ans clearly if we're still here at this point we've accepted it. Let's not forget the A60 had some lotus tuning in there

But I would have actually liked to hear about the car rather than his opinion. I do like his stuff but that review was just like he wrote about- no substance.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
His points are perfectly valid and I'm glad he has the balls to say them. Many Japanese enthusiasts feel exactly the same way about this car, myself included. His comments about the inherent Japaneseness that cars from the Land of the Rising Sun have are particularly spot on. I'm glad a journalist is bringing a different perspective to the table, most of the reviews so far have sounded the same.

madweazl

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'15 Mustang GT & '13 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Vehicle Showcase
His points are perfectly valid and I'm glad he has the balls to say them. Many Japanese enthusiasts feel exactly the same way about this car, myself included. His comments about the inherent Japaneseness that cars from the Land of the Rising Sun have are particularly spot on. I'm glad a journalist is bringing a different perspective to the table, most of the reviews so far have sounded the same.
Has there been a single one that has left out the BMW influence? We all get it, the car is largely BMW but if you're reviewing a vehicle, review it. It was one of the least valuable reviews of the bunch.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I SAID IN OTHER THREAD'S DIDN'T I? AND I GOT BASHED BY SOME PEOPLE BECAUSE OF ME CALLING OUT ON HIS TWITTER POSTS. In other words, :coffee:.

Wake up people. Chris Harris is an arrogant douchebag who couldn't give a less of a fuck about Japanese cars. Only sucks fat Honda cock. And that goes for a lot of brits out there unfortunately. Some other Europeans (like the Dutch and Spanish for example) are more open minded and understand Japanese cars but a lot of them are dense assholes too.

I knew this was going to happen. And I told you all. Chris, you're probably not going to be reading this, but if you are, this review is your lowest point in your entire goddamn career. It shows that you're just another blithering knob brit who misses the point. Every. Single. Time. You're washed up. Now fuck off.

I literally wanted to tag and quote the majority of people who shat on Chris Harris too in page 9 after his review was posted but it's literally too many. Good on Matt Farah for calling him out as well. At least Matt Farah UNDERSTANDS good Japanese cars and actually HAS BUSINESS with them. Not Chris Harris. All you see him drool about are Aston Martins, Porsches, BMWs, Hondas, and the occasional Ferraris and Bentleys. He's literally clueless when he reviews other cars. AND YES, I am not biased because of the Supra. I've actually READ and watched A LOT of his reviews. He's just a fucking idiot and that's that.

We know it is codeveloped with BMW. Or else it would have been expensive as hell. And by the way, your explanation of everything is arse. Did you actually review the goddamn car? Bye Felicia.
Sponsored