Featured 2020 Supra goes 0-60 3.8s & 1/4 mi 12.3s in C&D instrumented test

Discussion in 'General Supra Topics' started by JT, May 14, 2019.

1. Susurs

Susurs New Member

First Name:
    Thomas
    Car(s):
    GT86
    Liked:
    Thanks, just saw this one on YT!

2. madweazl

madweazl Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Aaron
    Car(s):
    '15 Mustang GT & '13 Ram 1500 Longhorn
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Looking at the weather data for the track (though they may have tested it closer to C&D headquarters), the 13th had the best air but there was also light rain off and on all day (DA of 318-1120 depending on time of day). There were some windows on the 11th and 12th that were 750-800' (light rain off and on all day for those days as well). No rain on the 10th but DA sucked at 1800-2500. The track is at 610'.

3. iconicshade

iconicshade New Member

First Name:
    Nicolas
    Car(s):
    2007 Civic SI HFP, 1996 BMW M3
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    #48 May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    With numbers like these and the fact that it's the cheapest car tested, it's kind of hard to doubt the value of the car now.
    I'm might have to sell my bimmer for this thing if I can get a hold of the rest of the funds needed.

4. MLG Tofu Shop

MLG Tofu Shop Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Goh
    Car(s):
    Toyota Vios
    Liked:
    vb22 and Supra93 like this.
  5. mas921

mas921 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    BK38!! Z33 and a CZ4A
    Liked:
    Programmer
    wow, with 20% drivetrain loss that's like 407HP/512lbft at the crank!
    did any one dyno the "382hp" z4 yet?

vb22 and Bryster like this.
  6. Bryster

Bryster Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bryan
    Car(s):
    Nothing,considering a Civic DX
    Liked:
    Z4 probably has the same power as the M2

7. SupraFiend

SupraFiend Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    5 Supras currently
    Liked:
    Digital boost control on these things gents. Guess BMW shouldn't have given Toyota access to their ecu, gentleman's agreement whaaaaat??? lol

Screenshot_20190521-193625_Chrome.jpg

Bryster likes this.
  8. Pheonix

Pheonix Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 6MT (track car), 2011 BMW 128i 6MT (daily), patiently waiting for 2020 Supra 6MT
    Liked:
    8 billion :lol:

9. Australian of The North

Australian of The North Well-Known Member

First Name:
    ██████[Removed]
    Car(s):
    [Content Restricted],█████,|[Content Restricted]█████
    Liked:
    ██████[Content Restricted]
    You all know it was a pre-production car, supplied by Toyota for testing right? Hardly independent, and highly questionable outcome. If this were the Olympics, everyone would be screaming drug cheat.

Sure its a possible sign of whats to come, but don't expect the production line Supra's to necessarily match these results. Just as some journos have admitted to recieving all exepense trips for reviewers, Toyota arnt the first, nor the last, to supply review cars which are tweaked and pumped up to blitz production versions.

Anyone who thinks they are getting more than advertised is in for a shock. You likley will be able to get 400hp later on, but not for gen 1 production, and not for 50k usd.

This test only becomes valid when its done by an independent garage, not linked to journalism, and using a production car that has been delivered to the owner.

10. RyanGT3RS

RyanGT3RS Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
    Liked:
    #55 May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019

Here we go again.... lol

Obviously you aren’t familiar with bmw and their underrated engines.

People like you will never be pleased, always finding fault for whatever reason. Plus you aren’t even in the market for this car, and already posted many comments on your disdain about modern cars and this Supra, I’m wondering why you are even here on this forum.

imoj1, Pheonix, 2JZ-No-Sh*t and 5 others like this.
  11. AZSupra

AZSupra Active Member

First Name:
    Ryan
    Car(s):
    GTI
    Liked:
    Nailed it. N54 was absolutely notorious for being underrated. It’s fairly common for Germans to post whp as advertised crank numbers. Currently drive a GTI and it’s the same there. Focus ST owners have a novel length thread about being beat by stock GTI’s, despite having nearly 50
    More advertised horses.

Track has good DA, I don’t expect to hit those numbers on 91 octane in Arizona, but that doesn’t mean anything

12. SupraFiend

SupraFiend Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    5 Supras currently
    Liked:
    Uhm, not a preproduction car. C&Ds testing was done after the big media event with all the journalists whereas the point of the event was to allow them to test production cars, vs the events that came before with preproduction cars. That said, the possibility of a ringer or that Toyota put a special pumped up tune on all of these car provided for the media is a possibility, but I would think that the resulting uproar of people finding out that would dwarf whatever fallout you are proposing would result from Toyota cranking the boost on their Supras after making this deal with BMW. For sure though, I would like to see the dyno chart of a car that rolled off the lot into an owners hands, and preferably on the same dyno, one from a Z4 M40i. My guess is though the peak HP numbers will be similar and the Supras torque figure is going to dwarf the Z4s. At least this model year (new HP war in the future? )

I can't wait for the first Z4 owner to go back to the dealer and ask for the factory Toyota tune for his car lol.

RyanGT3RS likes this.
  13. Pheonix

Car(s):
    2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 6MT (track car), 2011 BMW 128i 6MT (daily), patiently waiting for 2020 Supra 6MT
    Liked:
    A Z4 owner will still be slower than a Supra even if he gets a factory Supra tune because of the weight difference. Supra is lighter.

14. Pheonix

Car(s):
    Liked:
    What a load of bs. So you think the R32 GTR only came with 276hp from the factory? When in reality it's closer to 330hp at the crank even though it was sold as 276hp to the public. The F40 makes over 500hp unofficially which is why it's faster than the F50. The Mustang Boss 429 came with "375hp" but everyone said it was more like 475hp. The BMW M5 was marketed as 560hp but independent dyno's showed it was more like 620hp. The Porsche 959 supposedly came with 450hp but people know it's more than 500. Manufacturers have been under rating cars for decades now. It's no surprise the Supra is one of them. You will not be getting a 0-60 of 3.8 seconds or a 1/4th mile of low 12's with a trap speed of 113 mph with "only" 335hp in a car weighing close to 3400lbs. If that's the case then a 370z should be able to pull the same 1/4 mile runs when it also makes 332hp (350hp for the Nismo version) and yet the car only manages a low to mid 13 second run and a trap speed of 105mph average.

15. RyanGT3RS

RyanGT3RS Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
    Liked:
    Lol, I remember idiots on here comparing the Supra and the 370Z as competitors. Where are they now???:rofl: