First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
My comment still stands, the car defaulting to comfort is as intended
I am not saying that it isn’t as intended. I was just pointing out that on the Supra, pushing the Sport button does not affect the traction control at all.

The argument that the button doesn’t have memory due to safety concerns regarding disengaging traction control doesn’t really make sense....
Sponsored

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
I am not saying that it isn’t as intended. I was just pointing out that on the Supra, pushing the Sport button does not affect the traction control at all.

The argument that the button doesn’t have memory due to safety concerns regarding disengaging traction control doesn’t really make sense....
Neither does my F10 but here we are.

There are also CAFE regulations as well.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
My F80 M3 remembered if I had start/stop on. However, it was a lot rougher than the B58 so I always had it turned off. The Supra's doesn't bother me much at all. I can appreciate saving some fuel costs, but I don't know about long-term wear.

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
I am guessing in time this will be an easy item to code. However, being at the beginning of a new products lifecycle has its drawbacks, this is one of them.
From what I read, Bimmercode works on the Supra. If that's true, you can code it out right now (and do many other things).

Churchill729

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra
I watched a couple videos on Bimmercode. It looks amazing.

Guessing the Z4 path should work.

Bricking the ECU would be no fun though.

twarner776

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE, Audi A6
Anyone try to code Supra yet??

I have. Nothing major yet simple things such as video in motion so I can mirror android screen, also added acoustic lock so I could turn off the "chirp" every time the car locks because that pitch was too high to listen to every day. I asked about setting sport as default as well as adding to the HUD. both things they are currently looking into. The issue with the HUD is that there are a lot of options and is very time consuming if there are errors.

I did not ask about disabling the auto start / stop by default but will ask.

Last edited:

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
^^^Thats awesome I hate the chirp as well! Its been years can you tell me the software needed to code now? I have the OBD to Ethernet plug still so hopefully that didn't change.

BTW if we get Sport as default it will also turn off Auto Start/Stop!

twarner776

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE, Audi A6
^^^Thats awesome I hate the chirp as well! Its been years can you tell me the software needed to code now? I have the OBD to Ethernet plug still so hopefully that didn't change.

BTW if we get Sport as default it will also turn off Auto Start/Stop!
All i needed was the ODB to ethernet and a windows laptop. Started a remote session and they did the rest. I used http://www.bimmer-tech.net/bmw-idrive-coding/

Pinrut

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Clarity Hybrid, 2020 Supra Premium Nocturnal
I have. Nothing major yet simple things such as video in motion so I can mirror android screen, also added acoustic lock so I could turn off the "chirp" every time the car locks because that pitch was too high to listen to every day. I asked about setting sport as default as well as adding to the HUD. both things they are currently looking into. The issue with the HUD is that there are a lot of options and is very time consuming if there are errors.

I did not ask about disabling the auto start / stop by default but will ask.
You were able to mirror the screen on your Android phone? I want to know if Android auto is an option in some form for this car, I emailed Bimmer-tech over the weekend and they told me that they have no plans to support the 2020 Supra with their Android auto MMI plus module as they have higher priority projects...

They told me that they tried to get it to work on the Supra but that it used a "modified version of iDrive"

twarner776

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE, Audi A6
You were able to mirror the screen on your Android phone? I want to know if Android auto is an option in some form for this car, I emailed Bimmer-tech over the weekend and they told me that they have no plans to support the 2020 Supra with their Android auto MMI plus module as they have higher priority projects...

They told me that they tried to get it to work on the Supra but that it used a "modified version of iDrive"

Yes I am able to mirror a Samsung device that supports screen cast (smart view). Unfortunately my pixel devices don't support that as Google is focused on chrome cast.

In talking with him, they told me the same thing about Android auto and there Android auto MMI. For now I'm giving up on getting that and dealing with what I have. I assumed at some point in time there will be an aftermarket fit to solve it.

Trojan1992

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS3, GT3, TRD Pro 4Runner and 2020 V60 Polestar T8
I use BC on my JCW and love it, I sent them a email asking about the Supra and they said once it is ready they will release it. I don't want to beta test it so I will wait but disabling Auto/Start is a priority and I hope they can add the Tach to the HUD...they did for non-JCW owners with HUD so I am hopeful.

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
I have cables and software from coding my M5 and X5 (I think they were from “Bimmer Geeks”) and have the Carly hardware and app....just too scared to plug any of them in...

I will reach out to Carly as that was/is the most user friendly setup, for the others you need a laptop and some of the software was in German....with Carly everything is on your phone and it uses a Bluetooth OBD setup. (No cable needed)

I will update when I hear back.
Sponsored