2020 Supra prototype at Goodwood Festival of Speed (photos/videos)

Will fake vents stop you from buying the new Supra?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
So guys I got myself a puppy recently and was up at 5:05 a.m. to take him out for a poop. Anyway, I opened up the Goodwood livestream and lo and behold it was Supra time. I got some ghetto screenshots best I could boys. Enjay.

A890CCA9-18FB-4F05-98F7-05A9A670E104.jpeg
Cute pup, what's his name?
Sponsored

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
When you put them on paper, 370Z specs are comparable to a 911 Carrera.

When you put the cars next to eachother, they perform very, very differently. (i.e. the 911 is fantastic, and the 370Z is a boat)

Calm your farm people, the numbers aren't the be all and end all. It's hard to be patient, I get it, but at least the A90 is a turbo six, meaning it will be easy to wind the boost in and get a few extra kW.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Not news breaking, but here is a little something from Toyota Europe.

Toyota Supra A90 thrills on Goodwood's hill
Wrapped in a unique camouflage, inspired by its TOYOTA GAZOO Racing roots and chequered flag pattern, our future sports car is taken to Goodwood's famous hill for its first public test, as it enters its final development phase throughout Europe and America.

bogglo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS
maybe not fake vents, but there is still plenty of "fakery" going on otherwise explain to me why the grill cutout is so much bigger than the actual open areas of the front end?

fb4ae553f721de7f45a45286dbff9602.jpg
I think you guessed right. Considering the fact that the MKIV did not have fake vent, I don't think the MKV would. Although, it might not be entirely open but I fill like there might be some small opening. Otherwise add that to the MOD list.

Dc2bar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'00 NBP Integra Type R, '18 BMW X6 i50, '16 335i GT
When you put them on paper, 370Z specs are comparable to a 911 Carrera.

When you put the cars next to eachother, they perform very, very differently. (i.e. the 911 is fantastic, and the 370Z is a boat)

Calm your farm people, the numbers aren't the be all and end all. It's hard to be patient, I get it, but at least the A90 is a turbo six, meaning it will be easy to wind the boost in and get a few extra kW.
maybe a bad comparison, as I hated my 991 (and still have bad flashbacks from time to time about it) with an unholy, seething passion, lol.

It's not the specs that tell the whole story, yes, but for a halo car that wears a supra badge, that price point with those specs are ludicrous

dshandy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Chevy Camaro SS, 2014 Audi A5
+ very nice curvey body
+ sounds good, imagine it had an acrapovic exhaust
+ I like the athletic stance
+ good tire size

- Still camoed
- No specs
- That ducktail looks weird from behind
- Disappointed by toyotas "reveal"
- Fake vents
- Fake vents
- Fake vents
- Fake vents
- Fake vents

Sorry but I can't buy a car with closed fake vents no matter how good it drives. It's ugly and embarrassing.

Open fake vents are idiotic too, but I could live with them.
:thumbsup:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Actual cost of gtr isnā€™t 65kā‚¬ more near 100kā‚¬ If you donā€™t take nismo version...
I wasn't talking about cost of the block, I was saying that the fact that the Nissan Z has an aluminum block vs the BMW iron block doesn't mean anything. Actually, it does....if you ask any reputable tuner shop, they will tell you the BMW cast iron blocks are more susceptible to flexing and cylinder warping than an well engineered aluminum block. My point about the R35 GTR is that it has the same basic architecture in it's VR38 motor to a VQ37 in a Z....and the GTR and Z have absolutely no problems handling high boost. Can't say the same about the BMW iron blocks....remember the MKV will NOT have a JZ series engine. There is a difference between a Toyota straight six, and BMW straight six:

dshandy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Chevy Camaro SS, 2014 Audi A5
Even if Toyota decided to "open up" the vents a little bit, wouldn't that require even more aerodynamic testing? I'm no engineer but wouldn't opening up the vents for no real purpose cause unnecessary air flow that could interfere with the current aerodynamics of the car? Believe me I want them to be real, but unless they serve a true purpose (brake cooling, air flow, etc.), I don't see Toyota messing with any of that this far into testing.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
You're spot on.

I am sure the aftermarket will cater to different vents (that door one is a separate panel)

Think of the 'carbon blade' on the first gen Audi R8. The V8 model was flush, the V10 had an angry flare/protrusion to it. I can see that type of thing coming along for the A90.

eltoshan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
991.1 C2S
Are those floating calipers on the rear? I really hope they didnā€™t cheap out with floating calipers on a $60k sport car. Also whatā€™s up with that plain rotor? Donā€™t see the stock brake setup holding up even for one track session

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I love how this forum complains and brings up the exact same crap I complained about in the past. Only I got riddled with bullets from the other members...and they didnā€™t. Gotta love the hypocrisy...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.