2020 Supra prototype at Goodwood Festival of Speed (photos/videos)

Will fake vents stop you from buying the new Supra?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
The Z4 kicks out 382hp and 369lb-ft without the particulate filter.

So Tada-san said 390lb-ft of torque for the Supra, but how much power? Surely at least 400hp?
Sponsored

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
The Z4 kicks out 382hp and 369lb-ft without the particulate filter.

So Tada-san said 390lb-ft of torque for the Supra, but how much power? Surely at least 400hp?
Donā€™t be so focused on a number. He couldā€™ve easily meant that the car makes similar torque in proportion. 4K lb car making 390Lb-ft to xxxxlb Zupra making xxxlb-ft.

aeronSUPRAco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra(soon)
Donā€™t be so focused on a number. He couldā€™ve easily meant that the car makes similar torque in proportion. 4K lb car making 390Lb-ft to xxxxlb Zupra making xxxlb-ft.
Just relax, take a deep breath, and wait for the official reveal. Japanese are known for these tactics, including Toyota. Tada wonā€™t give out all details just yet; but heā€™s starting to be more open, one step at a time, lately. Soon he will reveal everything, just like what he did with the 86. Itā€™s part of marketing strategy. When each and every detail is already out, most probably we will now then look forward to the 3rd Toyota sports car.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
At release, I believe the Supra will have less than 350hp but a great chassis and dynamic feel. I dont see BMW letting the Supra have more HP than the Z4 or M2 etc...

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just relax, take a deep breath, and wait for the official reveal. Japanese are known for these tactics, including Toyota. Tada wonā€™t give out all details just yet; but heā€™s starting to be more open, one step at a time, lately. Soon he will reveal everything, just like what he did with the 86. Itā€™s part of marketing strategy. When each and every detail is already out, most probably we will now then look forward to the 3rd Toyota sports car.
Lol.. what made ya think Iā€™m not relaxed? :)

I was just pointing out another way of comprehending his statement. Not sure where you saw that I was not relaxed.

SPMS

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rc-F, 350z-TT, G2 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Alright dude you don't have to yell
I dont see where he is yelling. Maybe you can see text different than some of us lol. He's just explaining what he gets from what Tada said and trying to read between the lines. The torque could be in relation to weight, like the F series, not necessarily the exact same output. Then again we could definitely be wrong.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I dont see where he is yelling. Maybe you can see text different than some of us lol. He's just explaining what he gets from what Tada said and trying to read between the lines. The torque could be in relation to weight, like the F series, not necessarily the exact same output. Then again we could definitely be wrong.
Just sarcasm, my friend. No worries. :D

August 18th is the first day of Monterey Car Week, so we should get some solid Z4 stats and we can speculate from there. :thumbsup: Until then, we sit tight. There likely won't be much news between now and then.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Alright dude you don't have to yell
Some people type cause they are bored and have nothing useful contribute.
SPMS, look at it this way.. he didnā€™t have anything else to contribute to the thread but wanted to post.

aeronSUPRAco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra(soon)
Lol.. what made ya think Iā€™m not relaxed? :)

I was just pointing out another way of comprehending his statement. Not sure where you saw that I was not relaxed.
Craving for more haha :) I get you. At times Iā€™m also like that. Of course we always ask for more and more. Even when the best is already there, we wanted something better than the best. Itā€™s not bad at all. Just ā€œmoving forwardā€, Toyotaā€™s slogan.:bump:If we want more and more stuff in the car, for sure it will more and more expensive as well.:drive:

aeronSUPRAco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra(soon)
What engine, regardless of the variants and trim levels, do you guys want to buy?

2.0-liter I4?

OR

3.0-liter I6?

And why?

Last edited:

aeronSUPRAco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra(soon)
What engine, regardless of the variants and trim levels, do you guys want to buy?

2.0-liter I4?

OR

3.0-liter I6?

And why?
Me, personally, I would love to own the 3.0 I6 variant, if budget permits. :drive:
I would consider the 2.0 I4 variant if I would be doing a 2JZ engine swap.:D

Hereā€™s my take:

PROs:
2.0 I4 - lighter(less weight could transcend to better handling even with smaller engine); more fuel efficient:lock:
3.0 I6 - bigger engine, more pistons, means more power:flame:

CONs:
2.0 I4 - smaller engine, less 2 pistons, means less power:crazy:
3.0 I6 - bigger engine means heavier; less fuel efficient:catfight:

Thereā€™s no best-of-both-worlds here. It may not be a perfect car, but in the end, the buyer is the winner.

Best is buy 2 cars. 2.0 I4 for weekdays, and 3.0 I6 for weekends.:dance:
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.