OpenFlash Performance

OpenFlash Performance

First Name
Shiv
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, 458, FF, GT3, CX9
Sorry lol. In the 5th gear pull.. my Dyno guy has more rpm left. Should he pull the whole gear on the pull. Sorry new to explaining
yes, he should run it in 5th gear right up to the rev limiter. Also be sure to be in Dyno mode (selectable through the diagnostic menu on the dash).

What kind of dyno are you using?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
And the "lower compression makes it spool slower" doesn't hold up either because the '21 hits peak torque before the '20 does :hmm:

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 2021 Turbulence Grey Supra
yes, he should run it in 5th gear right up to the rev limiter. Also be sure to be in Dyno mode (selectable through the diagnostic menu on the dash).

What kind of dyno are you using?

Dyno jet.. and he said thank you.. he was just being respectful to my new bby

Moorman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Car(s)
2020 Supra (RIP); 2021 Tesla Model 3 Long Range
Got partial throttle boost targets and load settings to the point where power is pretty linear which makes the car pretty easy to drive hard.
This has my interest piqued for sure.

With Ecutek, Visconti has done a pretty good job at getting the pedal response livable/predictable, but I still have to pull back as I accelerate through 30mph to avoid a surge of power (when driving mild to moderately aggressive) which has me hesitant to start pushing boundaries.

I look forward to trying this out on a 2020 catless w/ E50.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
Correct. Which is why the dyno software applied a correction factor of 1.03 for the 2021 vs 1.01 for the 2020.
Thanks for mentioning this. A lot of people do not seem to understand the significance of the correction factor or somehow think that it's cheating or fudging.

OP
OP
OpenFlash Performance

OpenFlash Performance

First Name
Shiv
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, 458, FF, GT3, CX9
This has my interest piqued for sure.

With Ecutek, Visconti has done a pretty good job at getting the pedal response livable/predictable, but I still have to pull back as I accelerate through 30mph to avoid a surge of power (when driving mild to moderately aggressive) which has me hesitant to start pushing boundaries.

I look forward to trying this out on a 2020 catless w/ E50.
I eliminated that completely. All my other fun cars are naturally aspirated and I've grown quite fond with how they respond. So much that I find most turbo engines to feel a little detached/distant. I've gotten the throttle response of the B58 to feel very NA-like in delivery. Even the stock tune was a little nonlinear at some RPM/load points. Especially in sport mode. So I spent a considerable amount of time working that out. Ended up pretty significant gains to power and drivability.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
And the "lower compression makes it spool slower" doesn't hold up either because the '21 hits peak torque before the '20 does :hmm:

Static compression on a FI application is only one of hundreds of other variables in the equation. Everything else remaining equal the difference between 11.0 and 10.2 is tangible, but not significant. Either way 10.2:1 is still a fairly high static compression for FI; 8.0 - 8.5 was the norm up until recently, and there is a significant difference between 8.x to 10+. "Lower" compression ratio provides a wider tuning window, and depending on the overall combination you can certainly have a higher power, faster spooling lower-comp setup vs. higher comp.

slow2deaf

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought the 2021 ECUs are locked and can't be flashed over the OBD? Will the openflash tablet unlock it automatically or do we have to send in the ecu for bench flash unlocking?

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Has this been released yet?

OP
OP
OpenFlash Performance

OpenFlash Performance

First Name
Shiv
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, 458, FF, GT3, CX9
Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought the 2021 ECUs are locked and can't be flashed over the OBD? Will the openflash tablet unlock it automatically or do we have to send in the ecu for bench flash unlocking?
I can't say too much now. But there is no unlocking process needed with our system :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.