2021 locked ECU JB+ users?

Graybush

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Anyone on here have a 2021 with a locked ecu and is successfully using a jb+?
Sponsored

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Anyone on here have a 2021 with a locked ecu and is successfully using a jb+?
There are lots of people with locked 2021 ECUs using the JB4 successfully. I've only seen one post on here from someone with a JB+ and they were having issues, IIRC Burger recommended they switch to the JB4.

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
No problems. Running Program 3.

OP
OP

Graybush

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Yeah i know the JB4 will work. I only need the simple 93 oct power, so the jb4 is overkill for me....also the wife isnt going to go for another 600+ anytime soon, so hoping the 200$ option will work for now.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
Yeah i know the JB4 will work. I only need the simple 93 oct power, so the jb4 is overkill for me....also the wife isnt going to go for another 600+ anytime soon, so hoping the 200$ option will work for now.
Use the search feature on the forum. There was a discussion a few weeks ago regarding jb+ causing errors for some here.

OP
OP

Graybush

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Use the search feature on the forum. There was a discussion a few weeks ago regarding jb+ causing errors for some here.
I like that you imply I didn't use the search feature. I am not asking if anyone IS having issues. I am asking if anyone is NOT having issues whilst having a locked ecu.

Perhaps read my question before assuming I'm the idiot.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
I like that you imply I didn't use the search feature. I am not asking if anyone IS having issues. I am asking if anyone is NOT having issues whilst having a locked ecu.

Perhaps read my question before assuming I'm the idiot.
I implied absolutely nothing. I merely suggested a search to broaden your scope for answers. As for making assumptions, try staring into a mirror. Best of luck in your findings.

OP
OP

Graybush

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
sorry, but opening with " Use the search feature on the forum. " implies I didn't, sorry to get triggered, but that attitude irks me. Telling someone to search, isn't much help.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
sorry, but opening with " Use the search feature on the forum. " implies I didn't, sorry to get triggered, but that attitude irks me. Telling someone to search, isn't much help.
Fair enough. Apologies if I came across as being a jerk. I have the jb4 on my 21 so I can only comment on that which I know isn't super helpful. I'm sure someone will chime in soon as this forum is pretty good at helping one another.

KellyJoe

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I have a locked ECU 21 and am running Map 3 with my JB4. No issues.
OP is talking JB+ not JB4. :thumbsup:

To the OP. I also have a '21 but not locked... My JB+ is on it's way back... CEL and ran worse than stock.... I wanted it to work but it wouldn't no matter what I tried. :dunno:

JDM BLKBMW

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Edition Black, Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400R
Racechip or Titan Protune V1 are the best simple piggy back to do. Works like a lesser optioned JB4. Close to how the JB1 works but causes no CEL. You can get them used near your price range. It's similar to the JB2 if they made that. ?

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
OP is talking JB+ not JB4. :thumbsup:

To the OP. I also have a '21 but not locked... My JB+ is on it's way back... CEL and ran worse than stock.... I wanted it to work but it wouldn't no matter what I tried. :dunno:
Same here except my ECU date is July, so locked. I'm sure you saw in your search but there are at least three or four of us recently with the same CEL, rough running, and lost power issues with JB+. Have to give credit though, BMS was easy to deal with and provided a full refund. All I was out was return shipping.

It's odd there are also some other 21 owners reporting no issues. Seems to be like a box of chocolates for the 21s. You never know what you're going to get.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450

Now I'm triggered because you have to ask wife permission for car parts. That would be a nightmare.

In your case i say- DO BUY the JB+ if it gives you issues tell wife only option is to upgrade to JB4 they credit you the jb+ $ when you upgrade.
Sponsored