2021 Supra 2.0 Tunes

arahimi88

First Name
Ali Rahimi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2021
JB4 totally makes a difference, mine felt a bit more sluggish when I switched wheels. Running a Map2 on it and feels quicker a bit more than stock. Agreed with @Bdevolve24 a tune would be much better overall than the JB4, so it's a waiting game as well.
Did you dyno the car yet?
Sponsored

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
JB4 totally makes a difference, mine felt a bit more sluggish when I switched wheels. Running a Map2 on it and feels quicker a bit more than stock. Agreed with @Bdevolve24 a tune would be much better overall than the JB4, so it's a waiting game as well.
Would you say the fw catless dp and jb4 feels like a 50whp/60wtq plus gain over stock?

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
Would you say the fw catless dp and jb4 feels like a 50whp/60wtq plus gain over stock?
Negative, I don't think so. At most maybe like 15-20. It's not too significant it's there just not that much.

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Negative, I don't think so. At most maybe like 15-20. It's not too significant it's there just not that much.
That's strange. I've seen a 2020 330ix with just a JB4 on map 2 with a high flow filter shave almost a second off the 1/4 mile time. There's also a Dyno for a Turbo Transformer tuned at 3psi addition(21.9psi) on a 2020 330ix where whp rose from 250whp/290wtq to 292whp/361wtq.

Screenshot_20210807-093559.jpg

Bdevolve24

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 2.0
Just got my takeda air intake the other day and installed it!! So now for mods I have the jb4 (for now ) I have the fw downpipe, ftp charge pipe, takeda air intake and a burger motor sport pedal tuner from my old bmw so I threw that in as well!! Cars fairly quick sounds decent but I want the ecu tuned and need an exhaust!! I also want to get it dyno tested to see what I have with map 3 or the ecu tune

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
That's strange. I've seen a 2020 330ix with just a JB4 on map 2 with a high flow filter shave almost a second off the 1/4 mile time. There's also a Dyno for a Turbo Transformer tuned at 3psi addition(21.9psi) on a 2020 330ix where whp rose from 250whp/290wtq to 292whp/361wtq.

Screenshot_20210807-093559.jpg
If you have access to 93 octane, you can run Map 3 on 2020 models (they respond better to the additive based maps, +6 psi on this one I believe) and for 2021 models, your best bet is to datalog and have BMS help dial in the tune on Map 5 with some adjustments. I did around a week of datalogging and sent the logs to Terry for analysis (the owner) and he worked with me on exactly what values to change on the JB4 app. We worked on it that whole week, until he was 100% happy with the data and numbers.

It is a lot quicker now, not even close. On average, straight from BMS, you'll pickup around 40-50whp and even more TQ on 93 octane. Work with BMS to smooth it out and pick up even more power (and most importantly that all the values shown are safe and in spec).

Map 5 is specifically target based (again they have found the 2021 models to do better on this one, where Map 3 can occasionally see some boost spikes on this year's model). It's set to max out at 22 psi and taper off slowly from there. Terry said my setup (just a customized version of Map 5 on 93 octane) will put it at or just over 300WHP. That's getting real close to the stock crank HP rating of the 3.0, while also being 219 pounds lighter.

For a daily driver, it's almost perfect. A quality DP, exhaust and retune is all I'm doing next year power wise. A couple seconds of going WOT at this point gets me in serious ticket territory in quick order. I love the twisties and occasional pulls on the straights when clear. I absolutely love this thing =) Coming from a previous owner of a tuned Golf R (with JB1), FBO Evolution X and Type-R (with JB4)...this is my favorite by a LARGE margin.

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
Just got my takeda air intake the other day and installed it!! So now for mods I have the jb4 (for now ) I have the fw downpipe, ftp charge pipe, takeda air intake and a burger motor sport pedal tuner from my old bmw so I threw that in as well!! Cars fairly quick sounds decent but I want the ecu tuned and need an exhaust!! I also want to get it dyno tested to see what I have with map 3 or the ecu tune
How do you like that intake? Big difference in sound?

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you have access to 93 octane, you can run Map 3 on 2020 models (they respond better to the additive based maps, +6 psi on this one I believe) and for 2021 models, your best bet is to datalog and have BMS help dial in the tune on Map 5 with some adjustments. I did around a week of datalogging and sent the logs to Terry for analysis (the owner) and he worked with me on exactly what values to change on the JB4 app. We worked on it that whole week, until he was 100% happy with the data and numbers.

It is a lot quicker now, not even close. On average, straight from BMS, you'll pickup around 40-50whp and even more TQ on 93 octane. Work with BMS to smooth it out and pick up even more power (and most importantly that all the values shown are safe and in spec).

Map 5 is specifically target based (again they have found the 2021 models to do better on this one, where Map 3 can occasionally see some boost spikes on this year's model). It's set to max out at 22 psi and taper off slowly from there. Terry said my setup (just a customized version of Map 5 on 93 octane) will put it at or just over 300WHP. That's getting real close to the stock crank HP rating of the 3.0, while also being 219 pounds lighter.

For a daily driver, it's almost perfect. A quality DP, exhaust and retune is all I'm doing next year power wise. A couple seconds of going WOT at this point gets me in serious ticket territory in quick order. I love the twisties and occasional pulls on the straights when clear. I absolutely love this thing =) Coming from a previous owner of a tuned Golf R (with JB1), FBO Evolution X and Type-R (with JB4)...this is my favorite by a LARGE margin.
I do believe 22 psi(4 psi gain) on the b48 with 93 oct has to be around 300whp like Terry said but hopefully someone here dynos the before and after. The 292whp/361wtq dyno I quoted happened on 21.2 psi(3.2psi) and I find that to be impressive.

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
I do believe 22 psi(4 psi gain) on the b48 with 93 oct has to be around 300whp like Terry said but hopefully someone here dynos the before and after. The 292whp/361wtq dyno I quoted happened on 21.2 psi(3.2psi) and I find that to be impressive.
Absolutely. Just assessing the acceleration from the butt dyno and having had several modded and boosted 4 cylinders in the past (Civic Si, WRX, Evo X, Golf R and Type-R), I can tell you that's a conservative estimate and with that the WTQ numbers are well over the 300 mark without a doubt.

Bdevolve24

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 2.0
Is the downpipe catted? If not is there a fuel type smell when driving? Last did you get more burble from downpipe change? In all honesty I just want more burble…… I thought armytrix would release 2.0 exhaust but I was just emailed they decided not to pursue?
Yes there’s an exhaust smell big time but I don’t mind no lights on and yea a bit more burbles and pops now especially around like 3-4K when driving and letting off throttle! Idk why the car smells though and mine is catless

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
I think you answered your own question here.
Yep, lol. Going with a highflow cat or test pipe definitely has a smell to it. I noticed that immediately on my Evo X.
Sponsored