2022 Model Year Toyota GR Supra

Multiple Choice: What changes are you expecting or would like to see for 2022?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Wow. Not even a new color?
Sponsored

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Then: forum OGs claimed YoY ~50 horsepower bumps for upcoming model years

Now: can we get a new color?

polaris

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2017 Corolla iM
Koons Westminster, lol. I emailed them a quote I got from Jerry's and they came down in price. I paid $53K OTD.
Koons is pretty bad in general. Or at least Tyson's was. As of October last year they were, AFAIK, the only dealer in the DMV totally unwilling to budge off of MSRP AND trying get $70K for an A91. :crazy:I got mine from Jerry's outside of Baltimore for something like $5K less than Koons, maybe more.
Koons Westminster sold me a 3.0 Premium for $49500 OTD. 2020, last August as the 21s were coming in September. But they were tired of negotiating with me for 6 hours. They got pissed off at the end when I forgot my military discount and it came down even further ?
Sheesh. Knowing how much money left on the table is making me a bit sad now, that could have been a new set of wheels or something ?

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Any idea on the reveal date? I’m assuming it must be soon
No idea. This was information for ordering for management leases. They usually have to order around 6 months out. I'll see what else I can find out this coming week.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
If I didn't have the 86 already and there was a faster/better/etc. Japanese car between 86 & Supra 3.0, I could have considered it. So, I think 400z will be threat no matter what, both to 2.0 and 3.0...

Also, many other sports car, muscle, German rivals in the price range...

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
~ I agree... there has to be some small changes to the 2022. Improvements somewhere, exterior or interior color changes, etc. Perhaps they are not significant enough to publish just yet.
I agree there has to be some changes. I can't pull the information up myself. It was shown to me knowing I was going to sign for one the next day. It displayed picture of the car (not irl but more of a generic picture) it then had bullet points for power train which was identical to the 21. And then went into suspension and interior. Which seemed to be the same as well. No other information or pricing I saw.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
I'll try to see if I can get more information at work this coming week.
Wear a wire.

Oh, and a dark trench coat.

And hopefully you’ll get to sleep with a super-hot double agent from Eastern Europe (if so, upload pics).

Thats how it’s supposed to work; at least if movies and spy novels are accurate.

whycantidrive

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
The Z is more of a threat to the BRZ/86 than the Supra imo.
Don't think so. The Z is supposedly more powerful than the supra and nearly 15k cheaper base options (if rumors are true), has a manual... remind me again how this isn't a threat to the supra? IMO it will kill supra sales. I was ready to bounce on a '21 this year but glad I'm holding out. I'm going to be severely disappointed if the '22 truly has nothing new. I was hoping for a removable top at the least. Ah well...

Ozzy8690

First Name
Ozzy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
14’ Turbo Ultramarine FRS, 2020 Downshift Blue Supra 3.0 premium
Don't think so. The Z is supposedly more powerful than the supra and nearly 15k cheaper base options (if rumors are true), has a manual... remind me again how this isn't a threat to the supra? IMO it will kill supra sales. I was ready to bounce on a '21 this year but glad I'm holding out. I'm going to be severely disappointed if the '22 truly has nothing new. I was hoping for a removable top at the least. Ah well...
The new Z will not be more powerful then the Supra. The 21 Supra does 380ish TO THE WHEELS. The VR30TT makes about 340-350whp and 400 CRANK. Plus I’d argue the interior will be subpar to the Supra. The manual I do agree about.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.