2022 Model Year Toyota GR Supra

Multiple Choice: What changes are you expecting or would like to see for 2022?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus90

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra A91 Edition, 19 Camry, 04 Sequoia
lol 2022, the model yr that will have the 2021s regretting their purchase. thats going to be the common pattern with each year. until the last model year of course, which for fun unrealistic speculation, will be a larger platform, 4 seats, with a targa top, manual trans option, awd option, 500 ponies from factory, "mo powah baby" James from donut media, a feature like the corvette to lift the front end, a manual e-break option, and a "racers dream version" no electronic self acting safeties option. just having fun with it
Sponsored

LoveToCamp

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
lol 2022, the model yr that will have the 2021s regretting their purchase. thats going to be the common pattern with each year. until the last model year of course, which for fun unrealistic speculation, will be a larger platform, 4 seats, with a targa top, manual trans option, awd option, 500 ponies from factory, "mo powah baby" James from donut media, a feature like the corvette to lift the front end, a manual e-break option, and a "racers dream version" no electronic self acting safeties option. just having fun with it

Yeah I also hear they’re getting rid of the BMW drivetrain and releasing the 3JZ with the V170 manual 6 speed but only in the A92 versions. It’ll come 1100 stock whp to beat the A80 1000 stock whp. All other 2022s have the B58.

DatBassTho

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ram 1500
:lol:

This year I'm expecting pretty minimal changes. Maybe one or two tiny distinctions changed in the interior, maybe a new readout of data in the infotainment system.

For the rumored hardcore performance version I'll guess M3 engine, no stick shift, targa top and launch control, wider rear tires and an 85k price tag.

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
Inside scoop here. Nothing really known personally to me about any cosmetic changes on the exterior. Paint palette seems to be the same in terms of colors with the blue that everyone wants still not shown as available to order. On my end the newest thing showing is the red interior option. The same drivers assistance package and OEM add ons currently showing. So as of today the only new thing is the red interior to order for the 2022. Drop any questions and I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Full red or partial like Launch Editions?

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
Full red or partial like Launch Editions?
No pictures yet but full red leather seats not sure about the steering wheel design if similar to launch. I doubt they will bring an extended Nappa/Merino package to the Supra any time soon unless its the special editions down the road with extra power.

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Inside scoop here. Nothing really known personally to me about any cosmetic changes on the exterior. Paint palette seems to be the same in terms of colors with the blue that everyone wants still not shown as available to order. On my end the newest thing showing is the red interior option. The same drivers assistance package and OEM add ons currently showing. So as of today the only new thing is the red interior to order for the 2022. Drop any questions and I'll answer them to the best of my knowledge.
Exactly what I found out couple weeks ago. Doesn't seem to be any limited editions or anything.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
Is the 2.0 returning/if yes will it have a manual and is the MSRP the same as the 21s?

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
Couple of things I'd like to see added would be heated steering wheel and vented seats. Manual would be nice and I think it will eventually happen but doubt it for 2022 MY.
Heated steering wheel? Seriously? I lived in Alaska and went through 55 below zero and still never felt a need for a heated steering wheel. Didn't even have a heated seat (FJ Cruiser).

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Inside scoop here....On my end the newest thing showing is the red interior option.
~ I would love to have red seats to brighten up the interior space a bit.

Just the seats though... for the splash of red elsewhere on the 2020 LE was kinda strange (one door panel, part of the console, partial steering wheel, etc).

BimYotaZupra

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
I dont believe there will be a fix for the wind buffering issue. Its a standard unit used on multiple BMW models. I dont think they will redesign it just for a hand full of Supras. Besides the aftermarket already has a cheap and simple fix.

For 22 models I think they should address the oil consumption issue. We are also probably just going to see more color choices and or another special edition. Lastly maybe a price cut to stay more competitive in the wake of the upcoming Z.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.