2022 Toyota Tundra spied

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
Looks good. I'm more interested in the interior/infotainment upgrades. That's where all modern Toyota products suffer. (Except for the BMW tech in the Supra of course.)

CSUfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS400
Looks like an enlarged Tacoma with a 4Runner front end. But that’s a good thing.

interested in hearing about the specs of this thing. I really hope they don’t do away with the V8 option like some of the rumors suggest. I know manufacturers love V6 (and even 4 cylinder:nono:) Turbo power in their trucks these days, and I could even understand having a turbo V6 as one of your mainstream engines for fuel economy purposes, but nothing really beats a V8 other than a gas station.

I’ve driven up and down the mountains in different cars throughout the years. Even though a Turbo V6 may make the same power or even be faster in a 1/4 mile than their V8 counterpart, you can tell it’s a friggin V6 when you’re going up a hill as compared to the V8 version in its power delivery. You might get better fuel economy, but I would imagine in certain situations, some people would still want a V8.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
I think they’ll have to ditch the V8 for a V6 TT because of fuel economy regulations. I think it’ll be the engine from the new land cruiser and I also believe it’ll be a hybrid, from the blue lettering on the “MAX” on the engine cover.

TheRock

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
That front end looks disgusting and cheap... not a fan.
Sponsored