2023 Toyota GR Supra Manual Review Thread!!!

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium

Southtown

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sti
Probably mostly conditions/driver but the article does mention the manual was quicker in the straight away reaching a higher top speed.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
This guy is an absolute moron. And if that's a review, you can call me Susan. 90% of this video is just a dude showing how much he loves himself. The other ten percent is him doing burnouts in a Supra.

Eddy90

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra MT
This guy is an absolute moron. And if that's a review, you can call me Susan. 90% of this video is just a dude showing how much he loves himself. The other ten percent is him doing burnouts in a Supra.
Those youtuber cucks have made so much money, they don't know how to or care to make any sensible or decent content anymore.

visbits

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 MKV MT, 94 RX7, 95 Supra, 02 S2K, 17 GT350
I wanted to chime in on this thread because I have some opinions I'd like validated.

1. The shifter does feel "rubbery".. already looking for bushing inserts to "harden" that up.
2. The throttle tuning feels awful, 1st gear is almost impossible to shift smoothly into second no matter how hard or gentle you try.
3. The RPMs hang for literally every when shifting from a high rpm... having to wait to let the clutch out is super annoying. Can't tell if this is DBW mapping or heavy flywheel? Seems like electronic throttle tuning.
4. The clutch pedal is the best feeling part of the whole car.

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
I wanted to chime in on this thread because I have some opinions I'd like validated.

1. The shifter does feel "rubbery".. already looking for bushing inserts to "harden" that up.
2. The throttle tuning feels awful, 1st gear is almost impossible to shift smoothly into second no matter how hard or gentle you try.
3. The RPMs hang for literally every when shifting from a high rpm... having to wait to let the clutch out is super annoying. Can't tell if this is DBW mapping or heavy flywheel? Seems like electronic throttle tuning.
4. The clutch pedal is the best feeling part of the whole car.
The 1-2 shift jerkiness and rev hang is due to the BMW clutch delay valve in the slave cylinder. A couple people have deleted theirs so far, and it allegedly makes it shift more like a normal MT car.

My recommendation is to wait a bit longer in-between shifts. Sort of like the auto Rev on downshifts, it will hold revs for a second on upshifts too once they fall to the correct spot. So by slowing down my shifting it made driving the car much smoother.

visbits

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 MKV MT, 94 RX7, 95 Supra, 02 S2K, 17 GT350
The 1-2 shift jerkiness and rev hang is due to the BMW clutch delay valve in the slave cylinder. A couple people have deleted theirs so far, and it allegedly makes it shift more like a normal MT car.

My recommendation is to wait a bit longer in-between shifts. Sort of like the auto Rev on downshifts, it will hold revs for a second on upshifts too once they fall to the correct spot. So by slowing down my shifting it made driving the car much smoother.
Ordered the E90 clutch slave which is a direct bolt on without a delay valve.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-clutch-slave-cylinder-21526785964
Sponsored