2023 Toyota GR Supra Manual Review Thread!!!

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Are the manuals already at dealers?
Sponsored

WgnLvr

First Name
Dangerous Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 Supra | ‘14 CTS-V Wagon | ‘20 WRX
Got word from the dealer that my A91-MT is on the ship and should arrive stateside around 9/22, then 3-4 more weeks for dealer delivery…so looks like end of October…

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
So, sounds like the MT will provide the involvement everyone wants. The key factor will be: do you fit? I've driven cars where I just couldn't get a seating position that I liked and hated it. Off the top of my head is a '00 Mustang GT that I sold because of how sucky it was to fit in. I had to either sit so close to the pedals that my knees were overly bent or I had to stretch to reach the gear shift lever.
If I were a Supra fan and could only have one MT car, then I'd be down for a test drive and cross my fingers. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun to drive.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
So, sounds like the MT will provide the involvement everyone wants. The key factor will be: do you fit? I've driven cars where I just couldn't get a seating position that I liked and hated it.
::cough:: AHEM! ::cough::

PXL_20220205_032226367.jpg

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Well it'll be more rare and probably worth more down the road
4mpg less is kinda bad though
They changed the hearing I think. Think they messed with 3rd an 5th I believe. Could be wrong but ya 4mpg is rough but then again you don’t buy a Supra for mpg so trade off I guess

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
They changed the hearing I think. Think they messed with 3rd an 5th I believe. Could be wrong but ya 4mpg is rough but then again you don’t buy a Supra for mpg so trade off I guess
The final drive is shorter and 2 less gears means you're turning more revs in 6th
I'm sure it'll very good and fun and engaging
But I've owned 2 DCT M3s and a current DSG Mk7.5
I wouldn't buy a modern car with a manual
We used to buy manuals back then because the automatics were crappy
Now the ZF8 and DSG/ PDK are Pinnacle of performance and MT is nostalgia

Musa_Hanzo

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Rockville, MD I Seoul, S. Korea I Yokohama, Japan
Car(s)
Toyota I Honda I Porsche
No E-brake, just push button electronic toggle Brake.

Last edited:

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
No internal modifications at all. It is a GS6 as it comes, just with a different clutch kit, no sound deadening, and a heavier shift knob. The reason people like it over a standard BMW box is the knob, but if somebody says it doesn't feel anything like a BMW box, they're either lying or haven't driven a BMW manual.
Gear ratios for second, third, fourth, and sixth are not shared with any other iteration of the GS6 from what I can tell. Unless you can come up with a model that shares those allegedly bespoke gearsets, It's not just a copy and paste transmission. It wouldn't have taken Toyota several years to implement the transmission if it was a simple port-over.

At least, that's my $.02 opinion at this point.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Gear ratios for second, third, fourth, and sixth are not shared with any other iteration of the GS6 from what I can tell. Unless you can come up with a model that shares those allegedly bespoke gearsets, It's not just a copy and paste transmission. It wouldn't have taken Toyota several years to implement the transmission if it was a simple port-over.

At least, that's my $.02 opinion at this point.
I'm not sure where you got that information, but it is incorrect.

Attached are the specification releases direct from Toyota and BMW for the Supra, M240i and M3.

As you can see, every ratio is the same.
Screenshot_20220913-112232_Adobe Acrobat~2.jpg
Screenshot_20220913-112129_Adobe Acrobat~2.jpg
Screenshot_20220913-112008_Adobe Acrobat~2.jpg
Sponsored