2023 wind buffeting

spaghettog

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A90 MT
Just installed the eBay buffeting kit on my '23. Looks great and stopped the buffeting, but has anyone noticed a whistling sound with their windows up/closed after installing theirs? I'm noticing a pretty loud whistling from the passenger side once I get above 50mph+.

I did remove the passenger side and still noticed the whistling. Maybe it's just my car? Curious if anyone experienced the same thing and if they found a fix.
Sponsored

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Just installed the eBay buffeting kit on my '23. Looks great and stopped the buffeting, but has anyone noticed a whistling sound with their windows up/closed after installing theirs? I'm noticing a pretty loud whistling from the passenger side once I get above 50mph+.

I did remove the passenger side and still noticed the whistling. Maybe it's just my car? Curious if anyone experienced the same thing and if they found a fix.
I put the ebay kit on the first day of ownership and haven't heard any sort of whistling.

Wind buffeting is absolutely still a problem on 2023's. I'm not sure how people aren't noticing it. However, after adding the ebay solution, this car has less buffeting than most I've owned.

OP
OP

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
I

Would check your window seal and make sure the door is closed tight.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
I’ve had the AWE kit since week 1 of having the car. Didn’t really help with the windows down if I’m being honest. Feels like a wasted $100

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I’ve had the AWE kit since week 1 of having the car. Didn’t really help with the windows down if I’m being honest. Feels like a wasted $100
First person I’ve heard say they’ve not had a good experience with the AWE Foilers. Wonder what’s different.

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT Burnout

I have ebay anti wind buffeting and have no problems with them whistling. Check your mirror caps or any loose trim around the windows?

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
First person I’ve heard say they’ve not had a good experience with the AWE Foilers. Wonder what’s different.
No clue if it has to do with being a 2023? Maybe expectations are too high? Literally took the awful choppy noise and cut it in half. Still plenty there and annoying.

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
I'm using 3d printed ones on a 2021, before it WOULD buffet at like 40-70mph, now the buffetting starts around 80 and gets worse as you go faster, but on track with a helmet you don't really notice it.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
No clue if it has to do with being a 2023? Maybe expectations are too high? Literally took the awful choppy noise and cut it in half. Still plenty there and annoying.
You sure you installed the correctly. Seen a few locals with them and they had the AWE logo vertical and not horizontal and parallel with the ground.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
You sure you installed the correctly. Seen a few locals with them and they had the AWE logo vertical and not horizontal and parallel with the ground.
1683137732552.png

Exactly like this. I think someone would be hard pressed to put them upside down...even if you did, should still deflect wind and help.

Reactions: zrk

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
I have the ebay ones (that look similar to the Verus). Completely eliminated the buffeting with windows down up to about 115, but even then it was just there slightly, not migraine inducing.
Also it might be placebo, but I feel like there's less wind noise with the windows up too. Would highly recommend

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
I'm quite biased, but my ESSENTIALLY FREE solution still kicks serious ass. The MY23 cars are no different in regards to the buffeting, as in, it's totally still there, and it's annoying as shit.

PXL_20230418_004711953.jpg

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
I have the ebay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/184838164575) ones, and also had AMS ones previously. Both work pretty good, although the ebay ones look nicer.

There was a point with the AMS ones where I kind of wondered if they really made that big a difference, but when I took them off it was extremely obvious they worked... like its still loud still with either kit on, but without any foilers it was just painful. WHUBWHUBWHUBWHUBWHUB blasting your eardrums.
Sponsored