2023 wind buffeting

Kroberter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91MT Supra, 95 Rx7,67 Corvette 427ci
Had a 2021 with the door edge things and it still had horrible buffeting at almost any speed. Long story short, that car got lemon lawed for oil consumption and now with the 2023 Iā€™ve been driving windows down up to 60ish there is no buffeting. Iā€™m not sure what they could have changed though. Seems like the same window, frame, window rubbers, mirror geometry etcā€¦

Supraluv

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra premium , Z4 Coupe , 2002 MRoadster
Had a 2021 with the door edge things and it still had horrible buffeting at almost any speed. Long story short, that car got lemon lawed for oil consumption and now with the 2023 Iā€™ve been driving windows down up to 60ish there is no buffeting. Iā€™m not sure what they could have changed though. Seems like the same window, frame, window rubbers, mirror geometry etcā€¦
This is exactly what I am seeing..

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
I've only driven a 2023 but i doubt they changed anything. It definitely had wind buffeting but i feel like the issue was really over blown. This is the most expensive car ive ever owned so i understand that at this price point it should not be an issue, but it was no worse than any of the trucks or vans ive driven up untill now.
I never had this issue either or I just go the speed limit where it isnā€™t an issue.

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
IMG_20221107_170249.jpg

At first I wanted the CF versions of these($160+) but for the price $75 plus the fact that it's the same gloss finish as the area it became a no brainier. I had the $10 ones from Amazon first and they worked up to almost 100 mph but I prefer the form/function of these instead.

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
I think Toyota and BMW just leave it alone under the excuse that "Supra owners modify their cars" and they leave it to the owners to "fix".

Hell, I don't even have my Supra yet and I already have a pile of parts in the garage waiting to go on the car and even more on their way.
My 2017 Highlander has the same issue. It is and has been a Toyota issue for some time now. For all of Toyota's wonderful ergonomic designs, this is one they have ignored for some time now.
Still magnificent cars/trucks/SUV'S IMHO.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
At first I wanted the CF versions of these($160+) but for the price $75 plus the fact that it's the same gloss finish as the area it became a no brainier. I had the $10 ones from Amazon first and they worked up to almost 100 mph but I prefer the form/function of these instead.
Can you share a link for these?

DrSupra

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT
I've tried my 2033 at varied speeds as high as our highest speed limits in VA and at all windows positions and am still waiting for the awful sound everyone described. Maybe the buffering doesn't bother me...totally wasn't expecting that but am pleasantly surprised. Maybe it just doesn't bother me as much as others? That sound used to drive me crazy as a kid when my parents would control the windows though so i dont think it's that. It really doesn't seem all that much different than the 228xi I had, either. I'm going to mess with it a bit more to see if I can get it to make that dreadful sound so many have noticed but until I hear that, I'm not going to add that little mirror mod thing, even if it is super cheap. I agree with others that it doesn't look any different than previous model years in the window/mirror area.

Optimusprimerib

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 manual base
I have noise only sometimes in my 23. Its very odd. I don't have cf mirror caps just the non-cf no-option ones.

dn00

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI, A90
'23 here and I don't get buffeting noise unless I have all windows down and going 80+ mph, but that's the same as my previous cars so I don't mind. And I don't like windows down at high speeds anyway. I removed the trunk cover.

OP
OP

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
'23 here and I don't get buffeting noise unless I have all windows down and going 80+ mph, but that's the same as my previous cars so I don't mind. And I don't like windows down at high speeds anyway. I removed the trunk cover.
Same here. But even at higher speeds it doesn't seem as bad as people make it out to be... or maybe I'm going deaf from all the loud hobbies.

robotvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Audi A3 quattro
For me personally, it's not the volume or sound of the buffeting that bothers me but rather the pressure from it that does. I am sensitive to pressure changes so the buffeting on this car was IMMEDIATELY felt on the test drive and I knew the little plastic mirror wings would be a first purchase for me.

I think the buffeting is definitely subjective and I could see how it may not bother some but in the 20+ cars I've had over the years, this car is by far the worst with the issue to me.

OP
OP

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
For me personally, it's not the volume or sound of the buffeting that bothers me but rather the pressure from it that does. I am sensitive to pressure changes so the buffeting on this car was IMMEDIATELY felt on the test drive and I knew the little plastic mirror wings would be a first purchase for me.

I think the buffeting is definitely subjective and I could see how it may not bother some but in the 20+ cars I've had over the years, this car is by far the worst with the issue to me.
Have you ever ridden or driven an 80s station wagon? That buffeting is bad. šŸ˜†
Sponsored