2024 GR Supra 45th Anniversary Special Edition Unveiled

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
This round of YouTube videos really shows that this is all just one giant cash-for-comment rort. If you listen carefully you can hear them all rattle off key phrases they've been told to say. And the excitement in their voices when they're spending 90% of the video basically describing a 2019 GR Supra in a video about the MY24 refresh is positively laughable.

Beyond this, I wonder if the rumours of Nitro Yellow being discontinued are in fact true?
Sponsored

Huckleberry

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4MC
45 years seems like a weird anniversary to get excited about. It would have been interesting to be in the board room when the question was - we gotta do something cuz we ain't changing the car this year. Put some paint on it, a wing, a stripe, and a badge. Five minutes in, meeting adjourned.

Hate to be a naysayer, I actually like the wing (not that similar or better aftermarket isn't available). Great news for current owners - yours is still very much the same car and value holds.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
This round of YouTube videos really shows that this is all just one giant cash-for-comment rort. If you listen carefully you can hear them all rattle off key phrases they've been told to say. And the excitement in their voices when they're spending 90% of the video basically describing a 2019 GR Supra in a video about the MY24 refresh is positively laughable.

Beyond this, I wonder if the rumours of Nitro Yellow being discontinued are in fact true?
lol yes. that's what a press embargo entails. 🤣

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
It looks like Doug demuro was right? So far the 23 A91 is the one to have esp in CU later if that was it for that color. The matte white still might come out on top as they most likely won’t make many of the due to the premium. But if a bunch of 2.0 autos start rolling around with the matte white, that could turn off the collector community down the road.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
I talked to one of my friends who was at the press event and he said the color wasn't metallic and it's way too red to be fire orange. Based on the pictures, I'm thinking it might be Melbourne red.

1687447215523.png

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
lol yes. that's what a press embargo entails. 🤣
Not really. I deal with press embargoes fairly regularly and it's not like this at all. I just have to sit on some information until a certain date. How I relay this information after the embargo date is entirely my choice. What was being exhibited in the YouTube videos was cash-for-comment.

Which is why YouTubers are best viewed with skepticism and a critical mind.. if, at all. 😂

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
It looks like Doug demuro was right? So far the 23 A91 is the one to have esp in CU later if that was it for that color. The matte white still might come out on top as they most likely won’t make many of the due to the premium. But if a bunch of 2.0 autos start rolling around with the matte white, that could turn off the collector community down the road.
Yellow manuals will be rare af if they are discontinued for MY24.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
is it fire orange?
A91 MT had an individual color, CUL/davit grey

if this 45th edition is going to have another BMW Individual color, fire orange fits

everyone is getting confused by the lighting the car is in.. so if we look at the engine bay and strut bars, pretty orange

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
is it fire orange?

if this 45th edition is going to have another BMW Individual color, fire orange fits

everyone is getting confused by the lighting the car is in.. so if we look at the engine bay and strut bars, pretty orange
Yah but the 23 was made in smaller numbers 500 total split between 2 colors, wasn’t as ridiculous looking and had a few more unique touches. Being the smallest edition of the A91s will have appeal on paper

Digitalprty

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited
Anyone have an idea of when the rest of the color line-up will be confirmed? I want to make sure my deposit (for an A91) goes to something other than this.

spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
981 Boxster GTS, LX570
I talked to one of my friends who was at the press event and he said the color wasn't metallic and it's way too red to be fire orange. Based on the pictures, I'm thinking it might be Melbourne red.

1687447215523.png
Just want to throw this out there.... below is an example of Fire Orange

1687453446250.jpeg

The reason I'm so bullish on it being "the one" is because photos of the Japanese reveal earlier this month show a colour very similar (just like the American reveal yesterday), but when sunlight hits it full blast, it lightens up substantially, to almost yellow. If you want some examples of what I'm banging on about, scroll up a few to one of my earlier posts in this thread, where I link the comparison directly with pics.

I wonder if anybody will remove the side decals……
I might. I'm not worried about resale.

is it fire orange?

^^ Agreed. This is what I have been trying to get across.

Yah but the 23 was made in smaller numbers 500 total split between 2 colors, wasn’t as ridiculous looking and had a few more unique touches. Being the smallest edition of the A91s will have appeal on paper
Y'all starting to sound like Corvette owners (and I say that as someone who likes Corvettes).
Sponsored