$362 oil change

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
When I went in for an oil change earlier this year, I saw the receipt was about $90, which was then obviously marked as free since it was the first one.

I have no idea where the $300+ comes from. I've had a few cars that were more expensive than the Supra and none of them cost me that much.
~ Yeah itā€™s not a 911. ?
Sponsored

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
$100 just for labor? It shouldn't cost that including materials..
The Toyota care 2nd service has many "inspection" items. All that takes time, not just an oil change. That information was off of my 2nd Toyota Care service, which was ultimately billed to Toyota.

Toyota dealers won't treat this car like a Corolla or Camry. They'll charge accordingly if you bring the car in for service.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I was charged $362 on 9/17 for an oil change at my local Toyota dealership, is this reasonable? I was charged $37 per quart of oil. What is amazing is that I thought the oil change would be covered by my Toyota Care plan but it recently expired on 9/6 and I did not noticed it.
I get a lot of emails from Toyota all the time, including satisfaction surveys, however, they did not had the courtesy of letting me know my Toyota Care plan was about to expire.
Anyone else with a similar experience?
They're literally f*cking your butt lol

KingTai

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Payed $68 for 8 quarts and the filter came with it. (I keep a quart in my trunk in case the Supra burn through the oil.) :confused1:

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Payed $68 for 8 quarts and the filter came with it. (I keep a quart in my trunk in case the Supra burn through the oil.) :confused1:
$68 for Toyota Supra 0w-20 oil, including filter? Are you sure they didn't give you the regular 0w-20 for Toyota Corolla? The Supra oil is about $10 a quart, at the discounted level

KingTai

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
$68 for Toyota Supra 0w-20 oil, including filter? Are you sure they didn't give you the regular 0w-20 for Toyota Corolla?
Nope it's the GR Supra oil. They may have uncharged me because I bought it a year ago and seemed confused checking out.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nope it's the GR Supra oil. They may have uncharged me because I bought it a year ago and seemed confused checking out.
Well being undercharged is one thing. You can't imply that's the regular price

KingTai

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well being undercharged is one thing. You can't imply that's the regular price
Ill update when I get more for my next oil change. I'm not 100% sure if they undercharged me or not. Just know it costed me $68 for everything a year ago.

BobbyC1221

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yea.. unless that oil was all over some hot woman that changed your oil naked, that is waaay too overpriced. I would definitely call their service manager. There is no way it costs that much. Otherwise, my dealer would not have given me lifetime oil changes for free.

Deleted member 6088

I am in Ontario Canadaā€¦ $160 Canadian for 5-30 Liquid Moly.

JoeDaMechanic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 1993 Mazda RX7
I was charged $362 on 9/17 for an oil change at my local Toyota dealership, is this reasonable? I was charged $37 per quart of oil.
What dealership did this to you? That's just obscene.

The Toyota care 2nd service has many "inspection" items. All that takes time, not just an oil change. That information was off of my 2nd Toyota Care service, which was ultimately billed to Toyota.

Toyota dealers won't treat this car like a Corolla or Camry. They'll charge accordingly if you bring the car in for service.
20,000 Miles Recommended Maintenance
Check Installation Of Driver's Floor Mat
Inspect Engine Air Filter
Inspect Wiper Blades
Replace Engine Oil and Engine Oil Filter
Inspect Radiator, Condenser and/or Intercooler (If Applicable)
Replace Cabin Air Filter (If Equipped)
Inspect /Adjust All Fluid Levels
Visually Inspect Brake Linings/Drums And Brake Pads/Discs

That's not really a whole lot to check, that's all visual inspection quick glance stuff. Most places do that stuff as a courtesy part of a regular oil change. The truth is most techs aren't that skilled and will f up your car quite frequently. If you keep taking it to them, you'll just never know. Better off learning to do it yourself so you know it's done right. No one will care more about your car than you do. Secondly, if they actually did care that OMG it's a Supra, they're then that more likely to joy ride in it. That's why I declined the free oil change and the stock oil sucks anyways.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
So you take your Supra to BMW for the oil change or do you just do it yourself? Iā€™m using my last free oil change from Toyota but donā€™t wanna pay $400 for a oil change next time.
Yes... between work and renovating a house, I've been too busy to order my QuickJack yet. I'll eventually switch over to doing my own, but in the meantime - yes, I go to BMW shop rather than Toyota - at least when I'm paying the bill that is.

Obviously I'll still go to the dealership for warranty work or recall stuff... but the less they touch my car the better IMO. Once my warranty runs out I'll only go to the BMW shop... unless I need someone to work on one of the 4 interior trim pieces that actually come from Toyota. ?

Plus their lobby and shop is much nicer than the Toyota dealership!

...However, no one should ever be paying $400 for an oil change (or $200 for that matter) - I think I was told it would be ~$120 at my local dealership when I did my last free one.

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
$37 PER QUART!!!!! That alone!, ya got ripped!!!!

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
What is a reasonable dealership charge for the oil change? sounds like it would be around $200 if it is the oil/filter and labor.
Sponsored