dtmadeit

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Hi everyone,

my 2022 3.0 Supra is due for oil change. It is all stock at the moment and was wondering what oil is everyone recommending I should use. I currently work at BMW dealership would anyone recommend the OW 20 they use here?

would greatly appreciate feedback and recommendations!
Sponsored

BuyHighSellLow

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Premium, MK6 Jetta
I run 5w40 liqui moly molygen and it does great. Living in the SoCal heat ive always ran 5w40 in my german cars.

George Dankha

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Toyota Supra Premium
LiquiMoly 5W 40. I have a 21 and would experience some oil consumption with the factory oil and even motul (much less of a consumption issue with this oil). With LiquiMoly, it's even more minimal than Motul. My car is pushing 700 to the wheels. Holding up pretty well.

Obsidian

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang GT
Any worry about 40 weight during the winter?

Michael-Dallas

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 4Runner
Oil should be thin as possible, and thick as necessary. For street driving, I would stick with the factory GR 0W-20. For the the track, I would switch to a 0W-40 or 5W-40.

In the grand scheme of things, SN Plus or higher is more important.

iResell

First Name
Husein
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Iā€™m just so confused about the oil to put Iā€™ve had my Supra serviced at Toyota and had to top off after a month or so. I daily drive my Supra in California I currently only have catback exhaust do i switch over to Liqi Molly 5W40?

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Iā€™m just so confused about the oil to put Iā€™ve had my Supra serviced at Toyota and had to top off after a month or so. I daily drive my Supra in California I currently only have catback exhaust do i switch over to Liqi Molly 5W40?
If you daily/street and have no special requirements or extreme weather, just stick to manufacturer's and you can't go wrong, see my photo post above šŸ‘šŸ»

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I would do some reading on a thread like this:

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/bmw-b58-engine-oil-recommendation.337089/

Meeting certain BMW oil specifications (LL01 LL04 LL17FE) are more important than just oil weight. Higher HTHS values are important for protection. If you run thicker oil in the winter, let your oil warm up before putting 20+ PSI through it. If you want to talk viscosity use Kinematic viscosity at 100C instead of 5w-30. Your engine oil is around 100C when up to temp that is the viscosity that is important. Sure all engine oils are thicker at 20c than 100c, that is why oil pumps have a bypass and in our case computer controlled pressure control loop. Also why you don't drag race with 20C engine oil, it's way to thick to flow and protect properly.

I like penzoil euro 5w-30 for the winter and it's cheap and at walmart. 5w40 during the summer and racing season. Use inexpensive oil and change it more often than using expensive oil and changing at 7000 miles. Heavily boosted or tracked cars should probably change oil very often to maximize protection.

Last edited:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hey saw this at Costco auto section.
This a good one?
1000440168.jpg

Last edited: