Quick jacks arrived, first oil change tomorrow.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
You need to lift the locking bar when lifted to its maximum height only. On the lower height pushing the raise button to slightly raise the vehicle and then pushing the down button lowers it.
If yours does this something is seriously wrong. You should always have to reverse the locking mechanism before it will lower. Thatā€™s the whole point of mechanical locks.
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
If yours does this something is seriously wrong. You should always have to reverse the locking mechanism before it will lower. Thatā€™s the whole point of mechanical locks.
on the lower lock, if you raise it the lock bar flips the lock mechanism and then if you lower it can lower all the way. It is by design. Try it out.

I can make a video too if it doesnā€™t make sense.

OP
OP

Low flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 GR Supra, 45th Anniversary, Mikan Blast
Perhaps you should read the instructions.

quickjack.png

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
on the lower lock, if you raise it the lock bar flips the lock mechanism and then if you lower it can lower all the way. It is by design. Try it out.

I can make a video too if it doesnā€™t make sense.
Interesting. Perhaps Iā€™m doing something wrong then. When I raise it from the lower locked position it does not flip the mechanism. I have to physically flip them every time before I can lower it. Unfortunately Iā€™ll probably forget about this thread before I need to use them again but if I do remember Iā€™ll play around with it and see if I can get it to do this.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Perhaps you should read the instructions.
šŸ˜‚ Great reply! I actually did but I may not have caught this and at my age asking me to remember what I read close to three years ago is a losing proposition. And besides, when I raise mine from the lower locked position it does not flip the mechanism and Iā€™m fine with that.

OP
OP

Low flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
šŸ˜‚ Great reply! I actually did but I may not have caught this and at my age asking me to remember what I read close to three years ago is a losing proposition. And besides, when I raise mine from the lower locked position it does not flip the mechanism and Iā€™m fine with that.
Well then, as you put it, "There is something seriously wrong.", with yours, or you are not doing it correctly.

And no one asked you to remember what you read close to three years ago. But if your memory is not reliable when dealing with something as serious as a 3,400lbs car on jacks, you probably should not be giving incorrect advice.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Well then, as you put it, "There is something seriously wrong.", with yours, or you are not doing it correctly.

And no one asked you to remember what you read close to three years ago. But if your memory is not reliable when dealing with something as serious as a 3,400lbs car on jacks, you probably should not be giving incorrect advice.
My advice was to purchase the 7000 model instead of the 5000. What I was incorrect about was an observation. My apologies.

khousekeyz

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GenCoupe2.0T, Impreza 2.5i, Ninja250r
Don't trust your life to Harbor Freight tools.
My dad told me this for weeks but I'm thankful to have learned my lesson (and survive it) as a teen. Now I throw every jack stand possible underneath and always add a spare wheel or two.

My next investment needs to be one of these quick jacks because they're amazing!

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata Nd, Stinger Base and 2021 Supra
Thraxbert,
Please confirm fitment for the Fumoto F109SX. The Fumoto site says it doesn't fit. Thanks in advance. Chuck

OP
OP

Low flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My advice was to purchase the 7000 model instead of the 5000. What I was incorrect about was an observation. My apologies.
It's all good. I got the 7000TL and would recommend them too. The higher capacity makes them more versatile, in my opinion.

OP
OP

Low flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thraxbert,
Please confirm fitment for the Fumoto F109SX. The Fumoto site says it doesn't fit. Thanks in advance. Chuck
It does indeed fit.

OP
OP

Low flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Last week I used the Quick Jacks to lift our 2018 Cadillac EXT and the Supra to change the oil in each of them. No more driving up on ramps.

I love them and cannot imagine working without them again. They are so versatile. One of my buddies has a four post lift, and it is great, but the vehicle is still sitting on all four tires when it is lifted. Each system has its advantages, but like I said, these allow you to work on so many systems in your vehicle.

I'm going to lift our Durango tomorrow to replace an oxygen sensor.

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata Nd, Stinger Base and 2021 Supra
Low flyer,
Thanks for the response. Good luck with farther projects.
Sponsored