Quick jacks arrived, first oil change tomorrow.

Low flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 GR Supra, 45th Anniversary, Mikan Blast
Hey guys, I bought the Quick Jack 7000TL, I know, that's overkill for the supra, but it'll be useful for heavier vehicles too. The jacks arrived yesterday, the power unit arrived today. I got them assembled, bled, etc.

I was nervous the first time lifting it. All went well. I will be doing the first oil change tomorrow.

I looked everywhere on this forum, and doggone it, I couldn't find an oil thread anywhere. :rolleyes1: I ordered the 340i kit from FCP, 5W30 and I ordered a Fumoto valve. I've been using the Fumoto valves since 1998 on all of my vehicles and always will. They are worth their weight in gold.

Anyway, the jacks and the oil kit were based on a few members here whose opinions I've learned to trust in my short time here; Fltrackdays, zrk, and razorlab to name a few.
Sponsored

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Fumoto valves are also on all of my cars. It's an absolute life changer for DIY oil jobs, and so is the QuickJack! Have fun!

Jnhalstead

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
QJ will be perfect for when u change trans filter/fluid, rear diff fluid, brake fluid too.
IMG_6310.jpeg

FlammasWRLD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 NB Miata - 2024 Red 3.0 Premium MT - Ninja400
definitely tempted to order a fumoto valve myself. Which one did you order from them?

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
I'd love a set of these, just not sure I could bring myself to work under the car (I'm sure they're 99.9% safe though).

Give me solid axle stands any day.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I'd love a set of these, just not sure I could bring myself to work under the car (I'm sure they're 99.9% safe though).

Give me solid axle stands any day.
These have a locking mechanism like any axle stand.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
So, I know it’s dumb but I do it anyway. I put a set of jackstands under my quickjacks. If the quickjacks are 99.999% safe then adding the jackstands must increase that to 99.9999% safe, right…

Anyway, great choice spending just a small amount more for the 7000 rather than 5000. I did the same and have recommended it on multiple occasions. I also picked up the truck and large SUV extensions. In the almost three years I’ve had mine I’ve done brakes and oil changes and tire rotations on both the wife and daughter’s F-150s, oil changes, trans fluid change, tire rotations, and brakes on my DD Malibu in addition to oil changes and suspension mods on the Supra. The small additional expense for the 7000 model is money well spent.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
So, I know it’s dumb but I do it anyway. I put a set of jackstands under my quickjacks. If the quickjacks are 99.999% safe then adding the jackstands must increase that to 99.9999% safe, right…
If I am getting under the car, I do the same. If just doing brakes and such, I don’t bother.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota

Anyway, great choice spending just a small amount more for the 7000 rather than 5000. I did the same and have recommended it on multiple occasions. I also picked up the truck and large SUV extensions. In the almost three years I’ve had mine I’ve done brakes and oil changes and tire rotations on both the wife and daughter’s F-150s, oil changes, trans fluid change, tire rotations, and brakes on my DD Malibu in addition to oil changes and suspension mods on the Supra. The small additional expense for the 7000 model is money well spent.
of course better to have secondary protection. just be mindful of the location of the jackstand and it is partially loaded. if the jackstand is not where jack point is or somewhere strong enough, it will protrude, making it useless. also, if it is not loaded, impact after primary jack failed on to jack stand lender useless as well. Also, if loaded too much on 1 side, this may unbalance load on QJ. So use with caution and make best judgement depending on the situation.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
If I am getting under the car, I do the same. If just doing brakes and such, I don’t bother.
I do the same. During my younger days and a story I heard where my ex gf's uncle unfortunately passed away due to jacks stands and jack failing while he was under the car, I always had my wheels under my vehicle as a "just in case" method. I didn't know any info of her uncle's jack or jack stand or the condition of it but was enough to traumatize me during those younger days.
Sponsored