Quick jacks arrived, first oil change tomorrow.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I’ve seen them placed in either of these spots. Under the pan, if you will, in the front and under the rear bar. Don’t see why you couldn’t do both together. Or hell, under both the front and rear bars.

IMG_2375.jpeg
Sponsored

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I do the same. During my younger days and a story I heard where my ex gf's uncle unfortunately passed away due to jacks stands and jack failing while he was under the car, I always had my wheels under my vehicle as a "just in case" method. I didn't know any info of her uncle's jack or jack stand or the condition of it but was enough to traumatize me during those younger days.
one of my friend just passed away due to same reason so I'm very sensitive to the subject at this time..

Be safe and don't take anything for granted. even if it's a small and/or quick job, take every precaution you'd take as if you are doing a big job.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
one of my friend just passed away due to same reason so I'm very sensitive to the subject at this time..

Be safe and don't take anything for granted. even if it's a small and/or quick job, take every precaution you'd take as if you are doing a big job.
I'm sorry for your loss. A lot of the time I work on my cars now, i spend more time doing the prep work of inspecting and liftinglifting to make sure everything is safe than the actual job itself. I do plan on getting some Quick Jacks in the very near future and have wondered about safety locks on it.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
A lot of the time I work on my cars now, i spend more time doing the prep work of inspecting and liftinglifting to make sure everything is safe than the actual job itself.
I've always been this way when it comes to prep work for pretty much any job I'm fixing to do. Even to the point of cleaning and organizing the tools and work area before I begin. This applicable quote has always stuck with me as well..

abraham-lincoln-quotes-sharpening-the-axe-600px.jpg

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I'm sorry for your loss. A lot of the time I work on my cars now, i spend more time doing the prep work of inspecting and liftinglifting to make sure everything is safe than the actual job itself. I do plan on getting some Quick Jacks in the very near future and have wondered about safety locks on it.
My uneducated observation of the mechanical locks is they are stout. I just don’t see how they can fail. I still use the secondary stands though. The quickjack videos where they hold up to really absurd overloading also helps with the comfort level.

khousekeyz

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GenCoupe2.0T, Impreza 2.5i, Ninja250r
Definitely need a QJ myself!

Adding to the dangerous jack stand conversations - I had a harbor freight jack stand give way while I was changing my RSX mid-pipe. I've always been skeptical of jacks and jack stands so I had slid my winter wheels under the car as well... I had about 1 inch of space between the car and my face and will never forget the sound of the jack dropping. Aaaaand now my paranoia is 100x worse LOL

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
I've always been this way when it comes to prep work for pretty much any job I'm fixing to do. Even to the point of cleaning and organizing the tools and work area before I begin. This applicable quote has always stuck with me as well..

abraham-lincoln-quotes-sharpening-the-axe-600px.jpg
On a lighter note, my fiancee bought me the Legos Avengers Tower for christmas and my first two hours of the build was organizing, itemizing and verifying 40 packets of legos and going through the three books of instructinos. It drove me crazy that there is a crap load of extra bricks and parts.

Jnhalstead

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
Don't trust your life to Harbor Freight tools.
I tried telling someone else on here the same thing. He won’t listen and is using them anyway. I have a set of QuickJacks and love them. They’re awesome.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Yeah, I have hydraulic jacks and stands (honestly enough space to install a 2 post), but for oil changes only use my RaceRamps. So far it hasn't killed me.. I think Cheeto's will kill me first. :dunno:

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
So, I know it’s dumb but I do it anyway. I put a set of jackstands under my quickjacks. If the quickjacks are 99.999% safe then adding the jackstands must increase that to 99.9999% safe, right…

Anyway, great choice spending just a small amount more for the 7000 rather than 5000. I did the same and have recommended it on multiple occasions. I also picked up the truck and large SUV extensions. In the almost three years I’ve had mine I’ve done brakes and oil changes and tire rotations on both the wife and daughter’s F-150s, oil changes, trans fluid change, tire rotations, and brakes on my DD Malibu in addition to oil changes and suspension mods on the Supra. The small additional expense for the 7000 model is money well spent.
Auxiliary stands are mandatory if you are getting under the car with it up on the Quickstands.

Phil
Sponsored