Oil Change Prices

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Bought my own stuff, gave it to an independent BMW mechanic/shop. It’s like having the master tech at your Toyota dealer do it but better. Finding a FuzzyRev (real Toyota mechanic that owns our BMW Supra) are few and far in between.

When the oil change guys at any big box dealer moves up (stop cross-threading oil drain plugs), they get promoted to do 50 point inspections = make coffee for the suckers waiting on their cars. Granted, doing it yourself would be the best method. But if taking it somewhere, give it to the guy who has learned how to fix things Toyota only knows how to replace. Bonus, it’s nice having someone like that in your back pocket as well, if/when you actually do need something.
Sponsored

CrushA90

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 MK5 supra .... 97 sc300 2JZGTE 1000++ HP
I just got my 21 back from the dealership for an oil change and the $217 bill about blew me over! He claimed it was due to the "special oil" my car required. I'm just curious where ya'll go for your oil changes and what prices you pay? I just want to make sure I am not being fleeced.
Change it yourself. I run Amsoil with factory filter and pay about $100 per change. I also change the oil every 3k miles.

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray
It was like $75 to DIY in 30 minutes with the FCP Euro kit.

...and $300 for race ramps
Took me a little over 30 minutes the first time cause I was looking around for the oil filter housing for almost 10 minutes lol. Everything else was a breeze, although, did the front sway bar at the same time so I had the whole under shield out of the way for the drain plug

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I just got my 21 back from the dealership for an oil change and the $217 bill about blew me over! He claimed it was due to the "special oil" my car required. I'm just curious where ya'll go for your oil changes and what prices you pay? I just want to make sure I am not being fleeced.

Go to Amazon, buy oil, lift car, drain oil, lower car, enter new oil. Technically it's like $140 cause my time ain't cheap, but I don't bill me.

I use some cheap ass castrol I think. It was one of the only oils to hit all the requirements for the car. Lemme know if you want oil details.