Oil Change Prices

Aros

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
I just got my 21 back from the dealership for an oil change and the $217 bill about blew me over! He claimed it was due to the "special oil" my car required. I'm just curious where ya'll go for your oil changes and what prices you pay? I just want to make sure I am not being fleeced.
Sponsored

Noctb48MD

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Nocturnal B48, 2019 Blazer 2lt
I have paid about that much, $200-$320 per oil change at my local toyota stores. I was offered by the advisor that toyota had a care package for $500 bucks that included something like, 5 oil changes and two years of roadside assistance....

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray
I just changed oil on mine at work and bought the kit from FCP Euro. Was under $90 I think for 7 qts of oil, oil filter, crush washer, and the rubber o-ring too.

I think a half hour or less of my time is worth more than $120+ if they're trying to upcharge you that much OR just bring your own oil/filter and pay for the labor? I can't imagine they're bending people over that much on labor cost to drop oil and swap the filter out.

adrian56k

First Name
adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
$217 is crazy. Usually why going to the dealership for an oil change isn't the best idea, they tax on everything. I know shops around me that will do an oil change with items included for ~$100+. Ultimately doing it yourself is easier and cost free except time, if you have it. I really only pay for oil changes if I can't make the time for one.

OP
OP
Aros

Aros

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
Okay sounds like I can explore different shops maybe to save $100 bucks or so...I'm definitely good with that. Appreciate the input!

adrian56k

First Name
adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Okay sounds like I can explore different shops maybe to save $100 bucks or so...I'm definitely good with that. Appreciate the input!
If the shops around you don't have the right items for whatever reason, you can purchase everything on Amazon and just bring the materials to them, some places will only charge you the ~$50 labor fee. The oil filter, rubber O-ring and crush washer come in packs of two.

OP
OP
Aros

Aros

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
Good idea...What is the specific oil called?

adrian56k

First Name
adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
Good idea...What is the specific oil called?
Depends on what kind of oil you want to run because I know some people change it up. There's a thread out there somewhere that details everything in that regard. I personally use Liqui Moly Top Tec 6600 0W-20. If you're ordering on Amazon, they offer a 5L jug. The 3.0 takes 6.5 liters or 6.87 quarts so you'd need to purchase 2 of the smaller 1L jugs. I know people fill to 6.5 and 7 liters so whatever works. Another route is FCP euro, they offer everything needed for an oil change in a package.

OP
OP
Aros

Aros

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
Depends on what kind of oil you want to run because I know some people change it up. There's a thread out there somewhere that details everything in that regard. I personally use Liqui Moly Top Tec 6600 0W-20. If you're ordering on Amazon, they offer a 5L jug. The 3.0 takes 6.5 liters or 6.87 quarts so you'd need to purchase 2 of the smaller 1L jugs. I know people fill to 6.5 and 7 liters so whatever works. Another route is FCP euro, they offer everything needed for an oil change in a package.
Thanks man, that helps a lot!

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I just got my 21 back from the dealership for an oil change and the $217 bill about blew me over! He claimed it was due to the "special oil" my car required. I'm just curious where ya'll go for your oil changes and what prices you pay? I just want to make sure I am not being fleeced.
My dealership quoted $350. They gave me the same excuse. I denied the service and instantly bought the oil at FCP. I got 5W-30

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Supra Matte Storm Gray
What oil do you all use? is 5w40 okay? how about 10w0? Do 305 tires fit on oem wheels if I use 5w30 oil?
I was not surprised to see you chime in on this thread :rofl:
Sponsored