A80 Toyota Supra

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
I found this post on SupraForums and I'm laughing at how much they're behaving like a cult.

1654373615875.png
Jesus, this guy sounds like he keeps people chained in a dungeon somewhere. I think if found a picture of him online:

1654377545212.gif

I’ll respect the opinions of people who aren’t batshit crazy (this video may have been posted already… I didn’t want to look through 16 pages to find out though):

Sponsored

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
I found this post on SupraForums and I'm laughing at how much they're behaving like a cult.

1654373615875.png
Yeesh... the quote "It's not enough for you to own a Supra, pal. You must immerse yourself." sounds like a corny line of dialogue one would expect out of a stupid F&F movie.

If he hates the MKV Supra that much then he must also hate the GR86 and probably thinks the GR Yaris and GR Corolla are mere penalty-spec rental cars with their 3cyl engines. He'll definitely hate whatever other future GR high performance models come from Toyota while the rest of us thoroughly enjoy them.

In my own experience most on SF aren't like that, including most OG's. But then again I never get into threads like the one posted above over there-- I only ever stick to technical issue and problem solving forum topics.

Last edited:

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core

1654373615875.png
Damn, hope I never run into this guy...dude is a grade A douche. Luckily, the IRL Mk4 owners I've met haven't been like that.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
One thing I never understood about a segment of the car culture was the "us" vs "them" mentality. The people like the dude above who are really into a certain car and all other cars are shit. They defend the car's honor to the death and how dare you suggest anything could be better than the pure, Aryan coolant pumping through it's engine. If you're into your ride, I'm into your ride. If you tell me how bad ass my Supra looks at a gas station, I'm going to tell how much I like the wheels on your 2002 Honda Civic. If you ask me at a stop light how fast the car goes, I'm going to ask you about the wing on your 1994 Chevy Malibu. When I was young, I hung out with a good group of dudes. Half of us drove VWs and the other half Hondas/Acuras. There were two tuners on the same street that worked on the different types of cars. The most fun I've ever had as a car guy was this battle between the shops and types of cars. But there was a mutual respect between the two groups and we all would get together and drink beer at the end of the day. I wish everyone could experience this kind of community.

Maybe those Z guys with their slow ass new car based on a 20yo chassis would shut the fuck up for a change... 😆