A91 & Recent 2021 Impossible to Tune / ECU manufactured after 2020/6 is locked? [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Nope

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
Touche......They are a lot better than in the past.....
Everything's alot better than they were in the past. That's called technological progress. Everyone running around spouting "my car is better because (x), and you should feel bad for liking something that contrdicts my opinion." That's called being toxic. At the end of the day I drive a BMW with Toyota badges and steering. And at the end of the day that puts a big old smile on my face. The fact that upsets some people only speaks to their own insecurities.

Nope

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
Just made a point that turned out to be pretty much spot on.....don't apologize for stating the obvious.

From the info gathered up to this point, being a "Kia owner", doesn't seem like such a bad thing;).....not so sure about the Supra thing going forward with the "locked ECU's", "low oil warnings", "bad battery warnings" (saw first hand BTW on test drive), "no boost on cold mornings", "too much wind noise above 45 with windows down", "down pipe causes CEL", anything I'm forgetting???? the Kia ECU can be tuned to the heavens if need be(not really needed) and flat out to redline, Supra "engine nannies" shut off fuel at 155 while the poor little Kia is till pulling (all while carrying a "55 tv in the back still in the box)......Still like the Supra even after all that but thanks to this forum , instead of making the same often "admitted mistake" as others here, think I will "pump the brakes" and see what gets improved with the next update.:thumbsup:
Uh. Dude. Every new car has issues like this. The wrangler JLs had broken frame welds. The WK2 jeeps have had multiple PCM update recalls.
Toyota and GM had cars that would accelerate their owners into the afterlife.
Not to mention ALL of the Takada airbag recalls in which manufacturers essentially installed claymores into their dashboards and steering wheels.
I'm not sure about Kia but I'm sure they've had their fair share of early model failures.
YOU like them. That's all that matters.

Nope

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
This is turning into Facebook. Everyone thinks they're an expert and bash each other like the other person is any less of a fake expert. Stop pretending it's facebook please.
Agreed. Although I would say it's devolved into worse. Can we get back to the topic at hand? Maybe just news and discussion of cracking the ECUs of post 6/20? Otherwise there are plenty of other venues to compare ego sizes.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Touche......They are a lot better than in the past.....
They are. And kudos to Kia to having the balls to make a sporty car that was not previously in their nature. But I could gap stingers even with my high mileage n54 that I bought for 5k

I am mostly breaking balls

But I agree on the FB reference. Most of my frustration with these forums is non- supra owners. I like it better in the verified FB owners group because you know they are speaking from experience not from what they heard from a friend of a friend. You might be a great person with actually experience but I am betting dollars that most none owners in ANY Internet forum are just there to hear themselves type and or stir crap

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Haha I like the Stinger and am considering an awd for my daily. You can get them for 5-10k below msrp. My friends will give me endless shit, but it just makes so much sense

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
I think a Motec system is going to be the answer....yeah its spendy, but theyve shown they can control the rest of the vehicle. The tuning and data logging capabilities are great.

this is the way the market is going to have to go, me thinks.

kobeecuhz

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Just made a point that turned out to be pretty much spot on.....don't apologize for stating the obvious.

From the info gathered up to this point, being a "Kia owner", doesn't seem like such a bad thing;).....not so sure about the Supra thing going forward with the "locked ECU's", "low oil warnings", "bad battery warnings" (saw first hand BTW on test drive), "no boost on cold mornings", "too much wind noise above 45 with windows down", "down pipe causes CEL", anything I'm forgetting???? the Kia ECU can be tuned to the heavens if need be(not really needed) and flat out to redline, Supra "engine nannies" shut off fuel at 155 while the poor little Kia is till pulling (all while carrying a "55 tv in the back still in the box)......Still like the Supra even after all that but thanks to this forum , instead of making the same often "admitted mistake" as others here, think I will "pump the brakes" and see what gets improved with the next update.:thumbsup:
Coming from a Kia Stinger GT to a Supra, at the end of the day unless you're going motec which is about 5k, full bolt ons and either JB4 or Lap3 piggyback, that's really the stingers peak. Not to mention the cheap leather, steering wheel fade, every creek and rattle plus all the recalls, the Supra is miles ahead and always will be of the stinger lol

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
They are. And kudos to Kia to having the balls to make a sporty car that was not previously in their nature. But I could gap stingers even with my high mileage n54 that I bought for 5k

I am mostly breaking balls
Be that as it may.....believe it or not, I agree with the FB reference even though some of my responses have contributed. I joined this forum to "learn" about potentially owning a Supra and the experience other owners are having with their vehicles NOT to have back and forth wars about being an owner or not. I will admit, after test driving both the 2.0 and 3.0, I am very impressed especially with the transmission. Hell, that would sway my decision more so than the overall performance. You can always find another car to out-perform the one you have.....I understand that it is not an "every car" issue but I am VERY concerned about the "excessive oil burning" discussion and am more than willing to "wait things out" to see how Toyota/BMW handle it. That information is one HUGE benefit of checking out these forums whether it is Toyota, BMW, or Chevy for that matter. Did the same thing before buying my Stinger and have not looked back.....

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Coming from a Kia Stinger GT to a Supra, at the end of the day unless you're going motec which is about 5k, full bolt ons and either JB4 or Lap3 piggyback, that's really the stingers peak. Not to mention the cheap leather, steering wheel fade, every creek and rattle plus all the recalls, the Supra is miles ahead and always will be of the stinger lol
I agree.....I also believe that anyone who purchased a Stinger to create a "4-door 1/4 mile demon" bought it for the wrong reason.....

As for this thread, I am kind of on the fence with regards to the tuning options available to the 21 Supra. I am more concerned about the oil issues as this could be pretty severe.

Livedevil

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LT1 Camaro, 2006 Sti
reading through this i just wondered what are ppl going to do with all the 900 hp EV cars coming in the future? no exhaust,turbo,enigine or tuning mods to do.

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
reading through this i just wondered what are ppl going to do with all the 900 hp EV cars coming in the future? no exhaust,turbo,enigine or tuning mods to do.
Gonna keep driving my dinosaur powered *bang bang* cars and talk about other sh*box project cars to rescue lol.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
lose to the rich people that can afford them.....