A91 & Recent 2021 Impossible to Tune / ECU manufactured after 2020/6 is locked? [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I think the bigger challenge or risk is that insurance becomes even more expensive or that shippers decline to insure anything being shipped to Russia. That and even more delays.
I'd assume, that given customs issues with declaring value, insurance through Visconti/PPE is happening through their business insurance, not through shipping insurance. DHL requires the customs value to match insurance value- and we know this isn't happening.

OP
OP
ViscontiSupport

ViscontiSupport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra

HoosierRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
What if I will tell you, that some time ago we provided a demo of our product to one of the popular US forum user/influencer and guess what's happened? Some time later, a product appeared that was very similar to ours, but at the same time was the pride of its "creator" from the USA. Lesson learned.
Of course we are trying to find best solution this time, but we are very limited in options to get this done. We already done many improvements to our unlock, first it was like one-time-programmable, then we've added obd flashing support, now some of the popular flasher platforms are joined.

I wish it was as simple as having someone sign an NDA and offering the service stateside, but I know it's not. I think many of us see the solution as something that simple, but don't consider the implications if the design were to be replicated for personal gain. I am hopeful that eventually, something will be available to us since we can't ship to you anymore, but only time will tell.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
so shipping is the problem? can't they get a middle man in somewhere like UK

Deepseahooyah

First Name
Willis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Premium
My thoughts exactly. This was the line of bs being fed from them (cause it’s an unknown most likely for them). I have personally shipped plenty of things to Finland in the past and shipping equipment currently

Last edited:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My thoughts exactly. This was the line of bs being fed from them. I have personally shipped plenty of things to Finland in the past
As have I. My family has been the logistics businesses since generations. Shipping to Finland is really fucking hard.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My thoughts exactly. This was the line of bs being fed from them. I have personally shipped plenty of things to Finland in the past
I also said this in our local Supra/Car chat, but a round trip ticket to Finland is like $700 bucks right now. Just go, it's only a couple hundred bucks more than shipping.