AA Downpipe CEL

ReiH

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra Premium
I get a CEL occasionally (3 times). However it only seams to happen when running JB4 map. I thought I had damaged the sensor when installing buts It’s less frequent now that I have 2k miles on the DP.
Did the CEL ever come back on? I'm about to break 1k miles on my AA DP and I also run a custom jb4 tune and CEL just came back (2nd time)
Sponsored

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
@ReiH
The CEL has not returned. Not sure of it was some type of break in or I didn’t properly clear the code the first few times. It’s been at least 1000 miles with a number of pulls

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
Has anyone asked AA if the guarantee is transferable if you sell it to someone else?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Has anyone asked AA if the guarantee is transferable if you sell it to someone else?
Good question, in most cases, warranties only apply to the original owner, but you can always try your luck by double-checking with AA first.

xHumble_MKV

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
has AA fix the issue with the catted downpipe that throws cel ? I got mine from auto talent. However I got a cel for catless downpipe 😂

IMG_5496.png

devnull

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra 3.0 premium, 2021 Tesla M3P
Just got mine installed a couple weeks ago and just got a 180001 CEL. ordered it in August.

emailed them to see what they say, but not happy that if they send me a replacement I have to pay again to reinstall their defective product…

Fuji808

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal Supra Premium
Just got mine installed a couple weeks ago and just got a 180001 CEL. ordered it in August.

emailed them to see what they say, but not happy that if they send me a replacement I have to pay again to reinstall their defective product…
It seems the GESi cat is still causing problems for AA.
I'm on my second replacement for my B48.

Rob says that their new batch has some changes.
We shall see if it is remedied.

However, the downpipe for my B58 has never thrown a CEL.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT

im sorry to hear that and while i completely understand the frustration with paying labor cost again, look at the bright side. If you got a different downpipe than AA, you would have been stuck with it and the manufacturer would not have sent you a free replacement.

It seems the GESi cat is still causing problems for AA.
I'm on my second replacement for my B48.

Rob says that their new batch has some changes.
We shall see if it is remedied.

However, the downpipe for my B58 has never thrown a CEL.
he got a donwpipe from the summer batch which is the one that caused issues. The newer ones are supposed to be better.

devnull

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra 3.0 premium, 2021 Tesla M3P
im sorry to hear that and while i completely understand the frustration with paying labor cost again, look at the bright side. If you got a different downpipe than AA, you would have been stuck with it and the manufacturer would not have sent you a free replacement.

he got a donwpipe from the summer batch which is the one that caused issues. The newer ones are supposed to be better.
well. Let’s hope it’s better. Until then I just coded it out until they get back to me.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra

I got 2 from the bad batch and a 3rd one from the "good" batch.

All threw CELs, and i gave up. Ended up paying for a 4th downpipe in install fees alone.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I got 2 from the bad batch and a 3rd one from the "good" batch.

All threw CELs, and i gave up. Ended up paying for a 4th downpipe in install fees alone.
When was the third one shipped to you?

SupraGTS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GTS MT6
Hi guys, I bought an AA downpipe and had it sent to Australia. Unfortunately I am getting regular CEL (four so far). I keep clearing it, it keeps coming back.

The code is P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold

Is this the same code everyone else is getting? How do I know which batch my AA downpipe is from?

MrNobody

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trdoffroad 4runner
Hi guys, I bought an AA downpipe and had it sent to Australia. Unfortunately I am getting regular CEL (four so far). I keep clearing it, it keeps coming back.

The code is P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold

Is this the same code everyone else is getting? How do I know which batch my AA downpipe is from?
Contact active.... they have Fantastic customer service. They might be able to tell you from your order date.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Contact active.... they have Fantastic customer service. They might be able to tell you from your order date.
+1
Sponsored