Aftermarket engine mounts?

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
Has anyone, in an effort to make the car feel a bet more connected, went for more rigid engine mounts.
What were the results like?
Sponsored

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Has anyone, in an effort to make the car feel a bet more connected, went for more rigid engine mounts.
What were the results like?
I am desperate for this component. The only thing I've found is below, and I haven't found someone who has run them before. I would prefer, however, a solid mount, because I am a crazy person.

https://vargasturbo.com/product/a90-toyota-supra-g29-z4-billet-motor-mount-inserts/

in another thread, Twisted Tuning noted they are working on motor mounts to match up with their upgraded transmission mounts. Please let me know if you've come across any additional motor mounts for the A90 - doesn't seem like there are a lot of options out there.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
I am desperate for this component. The only thing I've found is below, and I haven't found someone who has run them before. I would prefer, however, a solid mount, because I am a crazy person.

https://vargasturbo.com/product/a90-toyota-supra-g29-z4-billet-motor-mount-inserts/

in another thread, Twisted Tuning noted they are working on motor mounts to match up with their upgraded transmission mounts. Please let me know if you've come across any additional motor mounts for the A90 - doesn't seem like there are a lot of options out there.
those engine mount inserts will help with stiffening up the stock mounts. but it wont solve the main issue of the mounts pulling out of the socket under torque.

Yes, i'm working on mount. currently going through a revision for them.

twisted tuning mount.jpg

they will look a little different after we finish the revisions. but you get the point. i uess i should make a post here on the forum, because i dont think i have.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
those engine mount inserts will help with stiffening up the stock mounts. but it wont solve the main issue of the mounts pulling out of the socket under torque.

Yes, i'm working on mount. currently going through a revision for them.

twisted tuning mount.jpg

they will look a little different after we finish the revisions. but you get the point. i uess i should make a post here on the forum, because i dont think i have.
Nice! Any idea on when you expect to release the product for purchase? I know vendors love to commit to a product release date publicly so us consumers can hound you about it if they're are even a day late. How are you going to change them from the pic above? Do you need a beta tester? ?

Reactions: zrk

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Nice! Any idea on when you expect to release the product for purchase? I know vendors love to commit to a product release date publicly so us consumers can hound you about it if they're are even a day late. How are you going to change them from the pic above? Do you need a beta tester? ?
You ask all the right questions.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
we are probably a month or two out from public release. but of course we all know that could change