kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
alcantara feels nice but its more maintenance than regular leather
A damp cloth. Maaaaybe a bit of soap to clean a bad spot. Alcantara can get wet, so easy to clean. then you lightly rub it dry with a towel, then it's as good ad fuzzy as new. That's definitely worth it, IMO.

I have a base as well. Aside from a few very minor things, I did not see any real advantage. And I do get the sense from reading many of the posts on this forum, that quite a few others feel the same.
And after having several cars with full leather, I very much like Alcantara seats.
I'm not a leather fan. Where I live, it gets down to 29-32 in the winter and 113-115 in the summer. NOT leather weather LOL

Other than less brake pad choices on the base model, I don't think the smaller brakes are a huge issue.
That was enough for me to swap brakes. I mean, yeah... I FINALLY found a pad and, luckily, I like it, ... but damn. I'm super stoked to change out the brakes and have a decent selection.

Kroberter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91MT Supra, 95 Rx7,67 Corvette 427ci
Idk how yā€™allā€™s dealership experience was but you canā€™t just say ā€œI want this.ā€ Itā€™s more of a ā€œhello, you are on our huge wishlist of Supra buyers, do you want to buy this spec cause itā€™ll be here in 4 months.ā€
The more specific you are, the more likely you wonā€™t obtain a Supra.

OP
OP
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Kia Telly , 2020 Jeep GC , 2023 Supra MT
Idk how yā€™allā€™s dealership experience was but you canā€™t just say ā€œI want this.ā€ Itā€™s more of a ā€œhello, you are on our huge wishlist of Supra buyers, do you want to buy this spec cause itā€™ll be here in 4 months.ā€
The more specific you are, the more likely you wonā€™t obtain a Supra.
My dealer wait list is seven. What was yours ?

Allenyao09

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Toyota GR Supra 3.0 MT
Just took delivery of my 3.0 Base MT yesterday. Took it for a little ride and so far pretty happy with it being base. The alcantara seats definitely feel nicer than leather seats. The brake calipers are painted red, just with smaller rear rotors and pads. But I cannot feel any difference. I don't miss the HUD either. But with the safety and technology package it's only $1.4k cheaper than the premium.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Just took delivery of my 3.0 Base MT yesterday. Took it for a little ride and so far pretty happy with it being base. The alcantara seats definitely feel nicer than leather seats. The brake calipers are painted red, just with smaller rear rotors and pads. But I cannot feel any difference. I don't miss the HUD either. But with the safety and technology package it's only $1.4k cheaper than the premium.
So you are saying the 2023 MT base does not get the premium rear brake size, just painted red calipers? I believe someone stated theirs was premium size.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Alcantara is so overhyped just fancy cloth that your skin cells will drown in the fabric and look disgusting over time. Stick to only leather my friends

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Painted red eh? Hmm. Toyota emblem there?

OP
OP
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alcantara is so overhyped just fancy cloth that your skin cel will drown in the fabric and look disgusting over time. Stick to only leather my friends
Yeah probably is. Iā€™ve had a few bmws in my day and outside of the M3 the leather seats are horrid. I donā€™t know if the Supra is the same ?

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Yeah probably is. Iā€™ve had a few bmws in my day and outside of the M3 the leather seats are horrid. I donā€™t know if the Supra is the same ?
You should try to get the chance to get inside one the all leather seats are very nice. Wish they wouldnt get rid of the red leather seats this year huge mistake hope they bring it back

PaulFRDE

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red Supra 3.0 2022, Black BMW 116i 2022
Alcantara is so overhyped just fancy cloth that your skin cells will drown in the fabric and look disgusting over time. Stick to only leather my friends
Alcantara doesn't slip as much. Might be a big deal if you don't want to change your seats but wants to do track days or AutoX

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Alcantara doesn't slip as much. Might be a big deal if you don't want to change your seats but wants to do track days or AutoX
In my Type R, my seats are almost entirely Alcantara and after over a decade, it only looks worn where the seatbelt rubs. The seats otherwise look great.

But yes.. where it wears, it looks pretty awful.

OP
OP
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I made the switch over to premium. The difference between the two became too much for my OCD. Thanks guys for all the feedback.
Sponsored