OP
OP
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Kia Telly , 2020 Jeep GC , 2023 Supra MT
No. The rotors on the supra are aluminum hats pressed into iron discs. Aluminum for that actual discs would last like a week, if that. lol

Premium:
348mm front rotors
345mm rear rotors

Base:
348mm front rotors and unpainted calipers (same size as premium)
330mm rear rotors and smaller caliper/brake pads, also unpainted

09.d094.13.jpg
They have words twisted around then.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I like my base, love the seats and had @BRCoding upload CarPlay. The ONLY thing I miss is BSM…

TheShortGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Dodge 3500
I think, if you only concern is alcantara & larger rear brake, you could buy premium and then replace seat with alcantara or buy base and replace rear brake. I believe replacing rear brake would be easier than seat.
15mm more braking surface, or .59". You could just buy the base and use the 3k+ in savings to get a better brake setup from a 3rd party vendor.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Maybe some regions have different standard features. IDK. If I remember correctly, there are a few members here that has painted red calipers on a base.
Yes. For example, in Australia all models have the same large painted calipers, but the Alcantara seats are a cost option only on the higher spec (GTS/Premium) vehicles.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I bought a set of rear brake calipers and rotors from eBay. I believe I paid about $400 for everything. So now, I have the lighter version of the car without all the electronic junk that I don't want, with the good seats, and the good brakes.
I wouldn't trade my base model car for a premium if someone paid me.

mushx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Stratosphere Supra
alcantara feels nice but its more maintenance than regular leather

Backtrack

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra & a few Wranglers
I bought a set of rear brake calipers and rotors from eBay. I believe I paid about $400 for everything. So now, I have the lighter version of the car without all the electronic junk that I don't want, with the good seats, and the good brakes.
I wouldn't trade my base model car for a premium if someone paid me.
I have a base as well. Aside from a few very minor things, I did not see any real advantage. And I do get the sense from reading many of the posts on this forum, that quite a few others feel the same.
And after having several cars with full leather, I very much like Alcantara seats.