All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Wonder how much longer will it be in production? 🤔

(this was meant as a joke, my humor is really bad sometimes) 😜

Last edited:

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I’d be very interested to see how the Z stacks up against the Z4. Pure curiosity.

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
They cant deliver the base cars-- now this gets to sit around, as the Z crowd goes out to buy other and better cars LOL :)
Yep, quite a few have dipped and went to Corvettes, Supras, M2s even Caymans, these are far better performance cars than the Z anyway so those people aren't missing out on anything good.

P.S. Watch this Nismo Z be $65k car yet still being slower than the 3.0 Supra on a challenging track.

aksprite

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra, the bus
No way Nismo is going to be 500hp on 91 gas, that’ll require the vr30 to actually be modified and Nismo doesn’t like doing that. The Nismo r35 had upgraded turbos and it only pushed 35 hp more than the regular GTR. It’ll have a couple of red strips for sure though.

Last edited:

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
I’d be very interested to see how the Z stacks up against the Z4. Pure curiosity.
I imagine (or rather am pretty certain) the Z would still get its ass handed to it. The B58 is just plain better than the VR30.

And unless they do something magical with the VR30, Im willing to bet the Nismo is probably going to get gapped by members on here with a tune/JB4 and a down pipe.

Sadly I’ve fallen off the Z hype train. Maybe I’ll consider one if prices become reasonable - but the new mustang is pretty darn appealing and likely to be cheaper and more available.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I am betting the nismo only gets something like a 20-30hp bump. But that will only be on 93 octane so all of us that are stuck with 91 would probably see the same hp as a base model (since they are rated for 93 as well). Price will be $60k.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
This is just me wondering out loud... and I assume Nissan probably would not do this... but what are the chances Nissan would swap the VR30 for the GTR's base spec VR38DETT, bolt it up to the Z's auto and manual transmissions and do little more than rearrange some intercooler piping and write a new ECU calibration specifically for the Z?

In the late 1960's Nissan did basically that by taking the Hakosuka Skyline GT-R's 24-valve inline-six engine, planting it into the Fairlady Z with triple carburetors and slapping a "432" badge on it.

https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/HERITAGE/fairlady_z_432.html

(Side note-- I actually got to see a 1969 Z 432 and 1969 Hakosuka GT-R several years ago at the then-HQ of Nissan in Tokyo. Gorgeous machines!! I took a few photos while I was there and the staff didn't seem to mind.)

Nissan probably would not do that but if they really *wanted* to wow everyone and use that VR38 engine as much as possible while they can still sell it around the world throwing it into a low volume Nismo Z would be the way to do it and have as little to reengineer and re-certify as possible.

There probably isn't that much difference in terms of mounting between the VR30DDTT and the VR38DETT.

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5