All-new 2023 Nissan Z makes world debut!

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
I just went though all his post and this is the first thing that came to mind...

9d14169a-9567-4a35-b511-4a0f453afb6f-small.png
I didn't read them read them at first. I was just trying to find anything that was deleted. On our side if there is a deleted post it will show up with a black background with a strikethrough style front. I couldn't find anything, even did a double take just make sure.

Now that I have time it's obvious he was trolling and or on crack.

This will be my new meme for you ?
deserved.jpg
lol, thanks for the laugh.

The only thing here is that trash is you...
(was), past tense. ;)

@Supra93 was that at least an IP ban?

Anyway, I'm sure we'll recognize him pretty quickly ?
Unfortunately IP address doesn't show up on my end and we all know there are ways around it. But yeah I'm sure we'll all recognize him pretty fast lol.
Sponsored

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
So getting back on topic. It's good to see for the most part that everyone is having a good discussion. Post whatever you guys like, just don't break any rules and no personal attacks.

My take on this whole Z vs Supra topic. Looks are subjective, to some it's pick your poison. Performance and value wise, I'll hold off judgement until we have more info and some head to head comparison test.

nissanmeme-png.png

img_0037-jpg-jpg.jpg

Carry on gents.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I’m sick of every review and opinion of the new z revolving around the Supra. Those z bois hate on the Supra because it’s paddle only with fake vents, when the GTR is the same thing! Fake vents are popular on all cars but especially Japanese cars in this era. Plus the paddles are sooo dang fast. I can’t imagine being angry that a car company doesn’t allow you to choose to go slower. #cancelthemanuals

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I’m sick of every review and opinion of the new z revolving around the Supra. Those z bois hate on the Supra because it’s paddle only with fake vents, when the GTR is the same thing! Fake vents are popular on all cars but especially Japanese cars in this era. Plus the paddles are sooo dang fast. I can’t imagine being angry that a car company doesn’t allow you to choose to go slower. #cancelthemanuals
I gotta say, if the manual Supra were an option I would have bought it. I didn't realize how great the ZF trans really was before this car.

xyros

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition Supra
I like the new Z, but come one with that front end! What were they thinking?

Warning! This picture may offend sensitive people, so don't look if you are offended easily.

Nissan Z.png

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
How the Z stacks up to the Supra:

Old platform
Lesser build quality
Heavier (most likely)
Less torque
Longer gearing (6MT)
Open diff (Sport version)
Narrower tires (sport version)
Tiny brakes (sport version)
Shitty suspension (sport version)
Cloth interior (not Alcantara, cloth)

In conclusion, with it's heavier weight, smaller brakes to stop it, one wheel drive (sport), and longer manual gearing and shift times, the Supra will destroy it. The Performance version might stand a better chance, but will still fall behind. If there's a Nismo version coming, that might be a competitor, but that'll likely cost in the $50k range as well.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
How the Z stacks up to the Supra:

Old platform
Lesser build quality
Heavier (most likely)
Less torque
Longer gearing (6MT)
Open diff (Sport version)
Narrower tires (sport version)
Tiny brakes (sport version)
Shitty suspension (sport version)
Cloth interior (not Alcantara, cloth)

In conclusion, with it's heavier weight, smaller brakes to stop it, one wheel drive (sport), and longer manual gearing and shift times, the Supra will destroy it. The Performance version might stand a better chance, but will still fall behind. If there's a Nismo version coming, that might be a competitor, but that'll likely cost in the $50k range as well.
The new Z is interesting and I would test it to see how it drives and feels. ON pure looks alone its the epitome of bland = Nissan styling. I prefer to look at the Supra anyday.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Ah so it is built on the same platform as the previous generation. I was wondering how Nissan figured out how to keep a brand new sports car at $40k.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Ah so it is built on the same platform as the previous generation. I was wondering how Nissan figured out how to keep a brand new sports car at $40k.
it sucks?

Of course, I'm kidding, I actually like the car quite a bit. I can't wait to see what people do to theirs.

There are probably some short cuts, many on the interior, but we'll know more when we see it. Has there been an official MSRP announcement about it? I haven't been paying close attention, but this could be some 44,999 or 49,999 shit.
Sponsored