METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
@superd6199 any update from your friend?

The shop has my car and the Alpha 8 kit was installed with a CSF manifold and PI kit. Tried to tune ran into a wastegate/boost issue. Hopefully your friend had a better outcome.
That sucks to hear. @MarinTuned what's the best way to avoid this? Does the place you tune at sell and install AMS for our cars?
Sponsored

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6

The shop has my car and the Alpha 8 kit was installed with a CSF manifold and PI kit. Tried to tune ran into a wastegate/boost issue. Hopefully your friend had a better outcome.
What exactly is the issue. "Wastegate/boost issue" can be a slew of things. What exactly was going on?

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm interested in procuring a single part from this kit: The exhaust manifold. I could not find it, however, as a separate component on the AMS website. Am I the only one? Is this available as a separate item for purchase?

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
I'm interested in procuring a single part from this kit: The exhaust manifold. I could not find it, however, as a separate component on the AMS website. Am I the only one? Is this available as a separate item for purchase?
highly doubt they would advertise or offer the manifold separately publicly. best bet would of course be calling them or emailing them. alternatively, there are several manifold options already sold separately from kits.

Reactions: zrk

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
I doubt they will sell separate from a kit. Beside, their manifolds are typically very specific to the rest of their kit so you probably don't want just a manifold. I suggest going with Full-Race.

hwnstyle21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
What exactly is the issue. "Wastegate/boost issue" can be a slew of things. What exactly was going on?
What I was told was the car idles fine but at WOT boost was reading over 45lbs. Car is tuned by Botti. They reached out to AMS so hopefully it gets squared away soon.

Reactions: zrk

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
What I was told was the car idles fine but at WOT boost was reading over 45lbs. Car is tuned by Botti. They reached out to AMS so hopefully it gets squared away soon.
log?

unless the wastegate and/or actuator was set incorrectly, there should be no boost control issues imo, unless.....

1. wastegate and/or actuator set wrong from the start
2. tune issue
3. their kit has major boost creep issues and cant bleed off exhaust fast enough.

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R

Still waiting for parts to arrive but will keep you posted. I hope you get the wastegate issue resolved and very curious to see some numbers from the both of y’all.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Any word on when AMS will release 2021 kits?

hwnstyle21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Still waiting for parts to arrive but will keep you posted. I hope you get the wastegate issue resolved and very curious to see some numbers from the both of y’all.
I guess it’s not just my Alpha 8 build. Apparently similar issues are known and common for the limited few in the wild.

I should have just gone P2uned ?

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I guess it’s not just my Alpha 8 build. Apparently similar issues are known and common for the limited few in the wild.

I should have just gone P2uned ?
This is good to know. Maybe I should stop playing the waiting game and go p2uned?

hwnstyle21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
This is good to know. Maybe I should stop playing the waiting game and go p2uned?
P2une 6port manifold looks so good. Put that order in.

Kicking myself because Norris told me the stock wastegate was a pain to tune.

Last edited:

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)

But isn't stock wastegate more reliable?

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium

P2uned and Full-Race manifolds are nice but offer less control than OEM wastegate i.e. boost-by-gear and low boost pressure will be gone.. plus those manifolds require dual wastegates and BOV so there's a much higher upfront cost.

I suggest a different tuner. I've heard they are a pain but experienced tuners have a lot of the bugs worked out.
Sponsored