Analysis, Comments & Reactions from the Web about the new Supra

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
My point is this car shares nothing with its predecessor
Looking at any other manufacturers, even Toyota's other models, which other car shares anything with the previous model when there is 26 years between them being launched? Genuinely interested. Because beyond things like same type of engine and drivetrain I don't see what could be done...
Sponsored

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
So I guess most MK4s aren't real supras by that logic.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
The car that should have been born would have been priced following inflation around 72-78k, had a yamaha derived inline 6 and sure, let getrag now owned by Dana Corp make the trans, keep proportions closer to ft1 and it would have been a homerun.

Toyota has insane resources where they never needed to co develop this car with bmw in the first place.
Resources that are being used for PHEV/AV research, just look at the GR-SS, that is the type of car people expect the A90 to be and it's a million bucks!

FasTTurbo

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra 6spd (RR) - 94 Supra 6spd (Alpine)
Looking at any other manufacturers, even Toyota's other models, which other car shares anything with the previous model when there is 26 years between them being launched? Genuinely interested. Because beyond things like same type of engine and drivetrain I don't see what could be done...
Possibly the car is made by the manufacturer Toyota.

Like I get it, not all of you will understand, you are on the mkv supra forum. not the supra forum, not the mkiv supra forum, etc. I guess I'm speaking in your guys echo chamber and saying what no one wants to hear. Thats fine.
The celica supra, the mk2 supra, the mk3 supra all share commonalities and are cars developed by toyota and yamaha. The mkiv engine was developed with yamaha. Yamaha helped develop a ton of great engines over the years. So theres that. The other thing is toyota actually built the other cars not just the bodies and glass. Like seriously do any of you guys know any history of these cars? Or you're all just late to the game here.

Want to learn about supras go on supraforums and do some reading.

FasTTurbo

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Some folks believe that the MKIv's are the only Supra's. :D
I have owned the mk2, mk3, and mk4. All share a place in my psyche. Like I get you guys want to argue with me but I aint the one you should be mad at. I literally have said I love this car several times. Just shouldn't say supra on it...lol.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
This is the FASTEST car Toyota has Ever put their name on. I dont see the problem. 5 to 10 years from now things are going to be electric. What if the supra becomes an incredible track monster but is all electric. Will it not stand up to your legendary SUPRA name badge. I get what supra name badge means but they couldn't build a car with 1990 technology.

FasTTurbo

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is the FASTEST car Toyota has Ever put their name on. I dont see the problem. 5 to 10 years from now things are going to be electric. What if the supra becomes an incredible track monster but is all electric. Will it not stand up to your legendary SUPRA name badge. I get what supra name badge means but they couldn't build a car with 1990 technology.
Who said build a car with 1990 technology? Does anyone read? Fastest car by a small margin after 25 years. Brakes barely better after 25 years, no dual clutch auto after 25 years. Not built by Toyota after 25 years.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
The chief engineer built the car with the same basis as the other supras with the 3.0 I6. He wanted a cheaper car that will do better for sales than the mkiv. He feels its worthy of the Supra name badge and from what I can see he added alot of heritage to the car to go along atleast with the mkiv. I'm not thrilled it's a BMW powertrain but I'm buying one regardless. I do like the power it makes with minimal mods vs the mkiv. I think it's different than the others but so far think it's worth the name badge.
Sponsored